The Auckland Mercure benefits massively from its outstanding location that combines immediate proximity to the harbour(s) (incl. the newly developed in-quarter Britomart, but also biaduct harbour, ferry terminal and Queen Str.) and its mostly reasonable rates. The rates, however, seem reasonable for good reasons: the hotel interior is somewhat worn and in need of refurbishment. Also, the hotel staff falls into two main groups: the minority of friendly and professional staff that I am used to at many Accor hotels and, and this is annoying, a quite substantial portion of friendly, but incompetent, slow and ineffective 'other' staff. It is due to the latter that I will avoid staying at the hotel in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the picturesque Waitemata Harbour in the heart of Auckland city and located adjacent to Britomart transport centre, the hotel is an easy walk to the waterfront and the best shopping, restaurant and nightlife districts in Auckland. Mercure Hotel Auckland has conference facilities for up to 300 delegates, the Vertigo Restaurant and Bar located on the top floor offering magnificent views of the city and harbour as well as a gym and valet parking. All rooms come with broadband Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, ACCOR, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Mercure Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Accor Hotel Auckland
- Mercure Auckland New Zealand