“Hotel in great location”
Review of Mercure Auckland

Mercure Auckland
Ranked #38 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
Nelson Nz
“Hotel in great location”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Had overnight and this is a very good hotel although rooms rather in need of refurbishment. Excellent restaurant. Reception area also very good and excellent staff. Valet parking at $40 available and this is very convenient and worthwhile.
Would definitely stay again and ask or book a a harbour view room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank WinnieNelsonNZ
MercureAKL, Manager at Mercure Auckland, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear WinnieNelsonNZ

Thank you for your feedback relating to your stay at The Mercure Auckland Hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our team's service, you are correct in that in some areas of the hotel we need a refurbishment to match areas such as Reception and the restaurant, we continue to work on this. We are delighted you found our valet parking service handy, it is very busy downtown where we are located therefore I am pleased to hear this particular service was of benefit to you during your stay. Thank you again.

Operations Manager - Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Thai first
Xiamen, China
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

For a Mercure hotel class and at 155 $ this is a very bad value for money choice.
No wifi in rooms, and wire LAN cost 6 $ an hour.
TV set not working properly, called the reception for twenty minutes but no one picked up, went down to complain, the attendant told me some one will be shortly in my room. I went out for a meal, at my return the TV was still not fixed.
I checked out the next day, on a supposed three night stay.
Unless else is booked around will not stay again in this hotel

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Cosmopolitan67

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my pesonal apologies we were not able to get the TV repaired in your room at the time, I cannot excuse the wait time for this during your stay with us. If I may kindly ask for your to call me as I feel you deserve an explanation and apology for this, my contact number is +64 9 377 8920. Thank you.

Operations Manager - Rooms

Travellers are raving about these Auckland hotels

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Mercure Auckland on our last day in New Zealand. I would agree that the location is in the CBD area, but that was the one thing that caused inconvenient to us. It is very hard to find parking if you rent a car and it will cost you $40 for a valet parking (the valet is not so easy and convenient as well. We were told to let them know 20 minutes in advance so they can get the car out).

The city was full with drunk and club going people so you can hear people shouting on the road from my room.

The room itself is just ok, more close to a motel I stayed at Fox Glacier or Greymouth I would say. The bed is not very nice either (old springbed). Bathroom is old too.

On top of that, I don't thing Mercure takes customers' safety very seriously. On that night, there was a false fire alarm at 12.30am. I understand that things happened and we needed to evacuate, but what I notice is that the lifts were still operating even though there was a fire emergency. This is really bad as people can get locked up in the lifts if there was real fire. There were a lot of people outside the hotel, but there was no clear explanation what has happened. People were left outside in the cold and rain until about 1am when it was then cleared. The staff apologized so that's fine but I will definately choose other better hotel with a more convenient way to park my car and newer and better room too next time I visit Auckland.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Chailatte1

Thankyou for the detailed response relating to your recent stay at the Mercure Auckland Hotel. Please rest assured I and we are taking all necessary steps to ensure your concerns regarding the fire evacuation are fully investigated and followed up. Our hotel provides a valet parking service to our guests, our team often advise guests of the approx. wait time for their cars due to our busy location and number of cars that may be parked with us at any one time, I apologise if this had some impact during your stay with us.

Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed at the Mercure about 3 years ago and I had a lovely stay. Today i booked through the ACCOR site to stay in January 2015. I have just read the some latest reviews and I have this sinking feeling. Please tell me that the bedrooms/bathrooms will be up to the standard that I expect from a Mercure Hotel. Are the rooms currently being refurbished? I was also concerned to read that the elevators are a bit dodgy. The location is fantastic. lets hope our stay is.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Judie 3939

Thank you for your recent feedback relating to The Mercure Auckland Hotel. The lifts are an area we are currently working on with our supplier. To ease any pre-arrival fears you may have, may I kindly ask for you to call me directly on 09 377 8920 in order I can speak to you personally. The team and I look forward to welcoming you in January 2015.

New Plymouth, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Hotel has good proximity to the waterfront. Also good value at $111.
Run down in many aspects. Lifts broken or working inproperly, window latches broken, could do with a good handyman to fix up all the little issues. Staff friendly & swift service.
Good for a boys weekend away,

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
MercureAKL, Manager at Mercure Auckland, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Leathal14

Thank you for your feedback posting on the Mercure Auckland Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed the service of our team and acknowledge we have some work to do in areas of the Hotel. Glad you enjoyed a boys weekend away. Thank you again.