The main plus of staying at the Mercure was the location. It was close to shopping in Queen Street, close to Britomart Transport Centre and close to the Harbour.
A Convience Store (similar to a 7 eleven) and a Liquor store were across the road so you could buy extra items without incurring high hotel costs of the minibar.
The room was good average with the standard facilities you would expect from a 3 1/2 star.
The restaurant was being redone so it was relocated on level 1, the food was standard but wasn't too expensive.
The staff were reasonably helpful and friendly.
I would recommend the place and would properly stay ther again. It is suitable for 2 to 4 nights stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the picturesque Waitemata Harbour in the heart of Auckland city and located adjacent to Britomart transport centre, the hotel is an easy walk to the waterfront and the best shopping, restaurant and nightlife districts in Auckland. Mercure Hotel Auckland has conference facilities for up to 300 delegates, the Vertigo Restaurant and Bar located on the top floor offering magnificent views of the city and harbour as well as a gym and valet parking. All rooms come with broadband Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Mercure Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Accor Hotel Auckland
- Mercure Auckland New Zealand