After staying I realised that this hotel is located in one of Aucklands trouble spots, renowned for drunk and disorderly behaviour. I guess this is good if you are lookingfor some action, but if you want a quiet night, then there are better places to stay. As far as the hotel itself goes, I would not say that it is good value for money. The rooms are on the small side and the decor is very dated. I thought that Mercure was supposed to be one of the upnarket brands in the Accor group of hotels, but I have stayed inmany nicer Novotel hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the picturesque Waitemata Harbour in the heart of Auckland city and located adjacent to Britomart transport centre, the hotel is an easy walk to the waterfront and the best shopping, restaurant and nightlife districts in Auckland. Mercure Hotel Auckland has conference facilities for up to 300 delegates, the Vertigo Restaurant and Bar located on the top floor offering magnificent views of the city and harbour as well as a gym and valet parking. All rooms come with broadband Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Mercure Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Accor Hotel Auckland
- Mercure Auckland New Zealand