“Perfect place, perfect rate, perfect location”

Kiwi International Hotel
Ranked #36 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have been staying in hostel and hotels with affordable prices in New Zealand, and this hitel by far is the best so far during my experience in New Zealand. 100% recommend Kiwi Internationa Hotel, reception, common áreas, romos, toilets and bathroom are completely nice, clean and confortable. Excelent, I had a really great time in my staying in Auckland.

Room Tip: I recommend this place, Really worth to stay, very very good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
kiwi_mark411, Owner at Kiwi International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thanks for the great review. We're pleased it suited you and we look forward to hosting you again sometime.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Very kind staff. The staff in the reception help with what to see in Auckland and we got free wifi

Small rooms, but ok middel standard.Toilet and bath where god standard

Very god and very central location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for your review. Great to hear it worked well for you and your family.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We have been staying 3 nights at Kiwi International in a double room with private bathroom on the first floor. The room itself is very tiny, but for that price in that location I didn't expect a suite ;)
The bathroom was clean. The staff kind and helpful. I have booked in advance via their homepage, everything went smooth.
Our last night in New Zealand we also spent at Kiwi (we just dropped by and luckily they had availabilities), this time a double room with private bathroom on the second floor. The room was bigger than the one last time on the first floor, this time we even had a view on the Sky Tower. Our check out early morning (4am) was no problem at all, as the reception desk is open 24hrs.
We were lucky to get a parking space at the hotels premises during our last night, since during our previous 3-night-stay the parking lot was always full in the evenings. So better park your car in the afternoon to make sure you can park on the premises.
We didn't try their food, so can't judge on that. I f you don't mind walking 10mins to CBD (the way is very easy, just down the street) this is the perfect choice, walking back can be a little exhausting, as the last 100m are uphill.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WorldTravelJunkie87
kiwi_mark411, Owner at Kiwi International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Many thanks for the great review. It's always gratifying to get such a good review from experienced travellers. Thanks for the staff mention - they always appreciate that.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

While the staff was very courteous and to the point, the hotel is a upscale bed and breakfast! The rooms are quite small and just about accommodates with your requirement, you might have to crunch in for space. Toilets and bath are clean, though the space is again; just right!
The best part of the hotel is, it is on Queen Street and from the hotel to the main harbour area is an easy 20 min walk; which crosses all important shops, souvenirs, restaurants, sky tower!

If your agenda to explore more and come back to the hotel only to refresh or sleep, then its worth the money. Cleanliness and hygiene is not a problem at all :)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
kiwi_mark411, Owner at Kiwi International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Thanks for your review. We think it's generally a fair review. We agree the rooms are on the smaller size but reflected in the value room rate. Thanks for the positive comments re staff, cleanliness and of course location.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

the hotel is situated conveniently, just off the bus station and easy to find. Staff handled request in a nice manner. The upside is we were given free internet access (though with limits) and a room with a clear view of the sky tower; the downside is a small room (for four people) with only one window. All in all, it's worth a short stay given the price range.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks for your review. Good that you enjoyed the location and value.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed at the Kiwi International for 4 days in early March 2014. The first impression is that the area is quite downmarket, the entrance is down a dimly lit side road at the back of an apartment block, the reception staff aren't particularly helpful, the (free) wi-fi is unreliable, and the communal areas are very dated. However it is very central, convenient for the bus station, directly on lots of bus routes to loads of other places in the city, and amazingly cheap for the location. The room itself was small and the walls were thin - I guess this is expected from a budget hotel - but it was clean, comfortable and I didn't feel unsafe.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
kiwi_mark411, Owner at Kiwi International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thanks for your review. Pleased to see you appreciated the location and great value. The area is not really down market - Auckland's best 5 star hotel is 1 minute round the corner and the real estate values are among the highest in NZ!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed at the Kiwi International for 11 days in early Feb 2014 and then one night before flying out of NZ at the end of March 2014.

I was in Auckland to do some sightseeing and also to go to the NZ v India Test match at Eden Park. The Kiwi was absolutely spot on for enabling me to do this. The hotel is right at the top of Queen Street so it's a very pleasant downhill walk to Britomart to get the train to Eden Park (Kingsland) or you can walk across the bridge to Grafton station instead. Coming back up the hill can be hard work but that's what the red bus is for (just 50 cents per trip). K Road is close by as well as the huge Auckland Domain park so plenty of sights and sounds on the doorstep.

Even though the Kiwi is on Queen Street, it's set far enough back from the main road so you aren't really aware on any traffic noise. In fact, I was amazed at how well I slept. I treated myself to an Ensuite Double room and it was definitely worth paying a bit extra. Very clean and plenty of room to spread out and it was nice to have the ensuite shower facilities.

When I checked out and mentioned I'd need to stay again at the end of my trip, the bloke on the desk gave me a 10% off card which I used when I came back. That second time I just went for the Economy Single as it was only for one night. Again, the room was comfortable and clean but obviously the shower and bathroom facilities are shared when it comes to the Economy room. There's enough choice at the Kiwi to find a room that suits but my advice would be to invest in the Ensuite if you're staying for a decent length of time. Go for the Economy if it's just a night here or a night there.

The staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful and I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Auckland thanks to the quality of my stay in the Kiwi. I really feel it offers the best value for accommodation in central Auckland. Next time I'm there I'll definitely be staying at the Kiwi!

Cheers guys!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Thanks for the great review. Glad you enjoyed it and pleased to see you took advantage of our returners 10% discount offer.