“Welcoming Experience”

Ranked #2 of 54 Auckland B&B and Inns
San Diego, CA
“Welcoming Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Ascot Parnell Boutique Bed and Breakfast for two nights at the end of May 2014. We arrived on an early morning flight from LAX and were very tired. Right away, as I turned my phone on for the first time after landing, there was a nice text message from Bart welcoming us to New Zealand (a friendly touch!). Before we arrived, they had also offered to pick us up at the airport but we declined since we had our own rental car. The B&B was easy to find.

Bart and Therese allowed us to check in early since no one was in our room the night before. I had come down with the flu just before leaving for our trip so this was great they were able to accommodate us! Right away Therese made me some tea which helped my sore throat. I felt bad that during our two-night stay, I was totally unable to enjoy Auckland due to my illness. Bart and Therese were very helpful and Bart made us a wonderful breakfast on our last morning (I was too sick to come out on the first morning). From what my husband says, there are some good restaurants and attractions within walking distance.

The view from their porch is lovely and the entire place is clean and comfortable. I would definitely reccommend to others and would stay again in the future!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
OnsTres, Owner at Ascot Parnell Boutique Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Audrey,
You are so kind to take the time to write this review. We felt so sorry that you had this nasty bug, but do hope that when you return you will be in better health and can enjoy our home and hospitality to the fullest ! We look forward to welcoming you back soon ! Kindest regards, Therese & Bart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Petaluma, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Wonderful hosts, superb apartment in reasonable location, excellent advice. Very comfortable and quiet. Best ever. Good value.
Not much more to be said, but I am required to fill in the minimum of 200 characters.

1 Thank GSB592
Amazing short and sweet review ! Thank you so much ! Hugs and love from Therese & Bart
Tucson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

My friend and I stayed at this beautiful city apartment B&B two and half days. The one thing that I didn't understand (and I have not gone back to look at the website) was that the balcony was off the living room and not the bedroom. Since it was early winter, there was a lot of dark and the beautiful lights from the city and harbour (still on New Zealand spelling) were magical.

The location was perfect. 10 minutes to the Domain (a huge park), a few minutes to restaurants, and a nice 45 minute walk to the CBD and harbours.
Bart was a great host who picked us at the bus station which was pretty close by for no charge. We took advantage of his service to take us to the airport, which was so nice. New Zealand is the land of “no worries”, “no drama” and “no problem” and Bart is a fine example of this attitude.

Room Tip: We had the bedroom/living area with a "Jack & Jill" bath. I got the bedroom, Bart made...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank tucsondesertrats
Dear ladies from Tucson,
It's been a while, but we really appreciate your feedback and positive comments about our B&B. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and especially the Harbor View Suite with the magnificent views. Indeed during our winter months, the night sky is bright and the city lights magical ! Happy to hear you are planning to return next year ! We look forward to welcoming you back. Kindest regard, Therese & Bart
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have stayed at the Ascot Parnell several times, and hope to return. As a frequent visitor to New Zealand from Canada, I have made the A-P my first choice for accommodations in Auckland. The location is quiet and convenient; the rooms are high quality. The owners designed their B and B down to the finest detail, selecting the best quality of materials and fittings; that attention to detail simply expresses the whole experience. By the way, Bart makes superb omelets!

I appreciate being within waking distance of the Museum and Domain.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very good. I may prefer the one at the front, near the entrance.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John W
Dear John, It is always a great pleasure to welcome you back to Ascot Parnell all the way from Canada. We really appreciate your support and thank you again for taking the time to write this wonderful review. Bart and I look forward to your next stay ! Take care. Hugs from Therese & Bart
Petaluma, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Bart and Therese are wonderful hosts in this amazingly comfortable B&B which feels more like a home. Well, it is a home and they share it graciously. Just enough privacy, just enough friendliness and great food! Extremely comfortable rooms and baths, great view, convenient location (Don't miss the beautiful cathedral nearby) walking distance to good restaurants, etc. We were so glad we booked an extra night in advance. It was hard to leave.

Room Tip: Always check the photos of the rooms.
1 Thank Jerrie P
Hi Jerrie, Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for taking the time to write this glorious review ! Take care and hopefully see you again next year. Warm regards, Therese & Bart
Falmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

As a single traveller I was a little anxious about arriving in Auckland after a long flight and being on my own for this part of the trip. But my concerns soon faded away after being met by Bart at the Airport (a brilliant meet and return service) and taken to their beautiful home. It was wonderful to have a welcome pot of tea on the balcony overlooking the amazing views! Bart and Theresa are outstanding hosts and I will always remember their hospitality and their delight in being of service to their guests. The location is beautiful and conveniently close to all the boutique shops and restaurants. My suite was spacious and luxurious with beautiful views of the waterfront, it looked magical at night. The breakfasts are prepared from fresh food and I can really recommend the Belgium Pancakes! I would loved to have stayed for longer than 3 nights but I will return to the wonderful Ascot Parnell and to continuing those interesting conversations with its very charming and professional Hosts. Thank you Bart and Therese - loved my stay with you,

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent but if you like a view - book one overlooking the harbour.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank TriciaGN
Hi Tricia, Sorry for the late response, Bart and I had a little holiday away. Just wanted to thank you very much for the very positive comments and tips you left to read for other travelers. It was delightful to meet you and we look forward to your next visit. Kindest regards Therese & Bart.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Bart and Therese are amazing hosts, the location is perfect, the views outstanding, and the hospitality memorable.
The reports that we had read were glowing in their praise and you arrive hoping this place lives up to it's name....and it does !!
We stayed for 4 nights and couldn't have been happier. They are the consummate professional BnB hosts who leave no stone unturned to ensure you stay is the best it can be.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RFFF
OnsTres, Owner at Ascot Parnell Boutique Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear RFFF,
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at Ascot Parnell and want to thank you very much for taking the trouble to write such a glorious review. We look very much forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Auckland. Best wishes, Therese & Bart