“"No place you'd rather be…."”

Ascot Parnell Boutique Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I felt most welcome and really spoilt by the lovingly prepared delicious breakfast by Bart. The apartment feels very much like home, very cosy and with absolutely stunning views towards the harbour.
There are numerous excellent restaurants within walking distance and if you want to head to the centre or Newmarket for shopping you can also either walk or take a short ride by bus. I will definitely look for an excuse to go back with my family next time!
Ana H.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank TripAkl
OnsTres, Owner at Ascot Parnell Boutique Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Hello Ana !
Therese and I really appreciate your lovely comments and your continued support. It's always a pleasure to have you stay and yes, next time bring your husband - we look forward to meeting him ! Cheers and our kindest regards, Bart & Therese

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Hello Bart and Therese - sorry I am so late writing. We enjoyed our stay (again) very much in March. Last visit was 10 yrs ago. Ascot Parnell is really the best Bed and Breakfast on our trip in New Zealand, 4 nights, the perfect place to start, and recover from the travel. We feel at home ! For the people who have not yet stayed there, you should really go, because Bart and Therese are so helpful and friendly, but respect your privacy. The rooms are spacious and quiet, the bed very comfortable, breakfast a real feast, and best is the incredible harbour sea-view ! Thank you for everything - merci beaucoup, dank u wel.

Room Tip: alle kamers zijn leuk, ruim en rustig. Wij hadden de Garden-Mini-Suite aan tuin kant. De salon en...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Hello Martine !
You are a darling and thank you for taking the time to write the review in English, and also for choosing Ascot Parnell above all others in Auckland. It was wonderful to welcoming you back and reminisce about your last stay 10 years ago. Please do not wait too long for a return visit - we would love to see you again soon ! Best wishes and hopefully everything is going well with the job.
Love and hugs from your hosts Therese & Bart

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights at the end of our one month trip around NZ in March. Bart and his lovely wife Therese are just the most wonderful hosts. I have stayed in many hotels and B&Bs as part of my job and also with the passion we have for travelling and this is without question in my top 3!!! They go out of their way to help with any questions or queries and definitely go the extra mile to make your stay exceptional. Bart's breakfasts are the best and he will get up at the crack of dawn to make sure that you don't set off hungry. Do not hesitate stay here and feel free to ask us any questions. Nick and Teresa. (sorry the review took so long Bart. :))

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Nick & Teresa,
Your wonderful review was worth waiting for ! Wow - Thank you so much ! It is never too much of an effort to look after super people like yourselves - a real pleasure. Do come back for another visit. Cheers ! Bart & Therese

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Thank you Bart for 4 wonderful days at your hidden gem in Parnell, such a super location quietly tucked away, but so close to Parnell and super restaurants that you were able to give us really good suggestions on where to dine out. I had four relaxing days at Ascot Parnell with my daughter who arrived over from Perth and it was so nice to have real coffee waiting for us - I would certainly recommend to my friends or visitors to stay with Bart and Therese - a real gentleman and great host and a pretty dam good omelette maker too.. sincere thanks - we will keep in touch.
Karen Jackson.

Room Tip: Just tell Bart any special needs you have and he will sort everything for you.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Karen,
It was a real pleasure meeting you and your daughter and thank you again for your support and for writing such a wonderful review. I look forward to your return visit so you can meet Therese ! Take care and warm regards. Bart

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Ascot Parnell Boutique Bed and Breakfast for two nights at the end of May 2014. We arrived on an early morning flight from LAX and were very tired. Right away, as I turned my phone on for the first time after landing, there was a nice text message from Bart welcoming us to New Zealand (a friendly touch!). Before we arrived, they had also offered to pick us up at the airport but we declined since we had our own rental car. The B&B was easy to find.

Bart and Therese allowed us to check in early since no one was in our room the night before. I had come down with the flu just before leaving for our trip so this was great they were able to accommodate us! Right away Therese made me some tea which helped my sore throat. I felt bad that during our two-night stay, I was totally unable to enjoy Auckland due to my illness. Bart and Therese were very helpful and Bart made us a wonderful breakfast on our last morning (I was too sick to come out on the first morning). From what my husband says, there are some good restaurants and attractions within walking distance.

The view from their porch is lovely and the entire place is clean and comfortable. I would definitely reccommend to others and would stay again in the future!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Audrey,
You are so kind to take the time to write this review. We felt so sorry that you had this nasty bug, but do hope that when you return you will be in better health and can enjoy our home and hospitality to the fullest ! We look forward to welcoming you back soon ! Kindest regards, Therese & Bart

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Wonderful hosts, superb apartment in reasonable location, excellent advice. Very comfortable and quiet. Best ever. Good value.
Not much more to be said, but I am required to fill in the minimum of 200 characters.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GSB592

Amazing short and sweet review ! Thank you so much ! Hugs and love from Therese & Bart

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My friend and I stayed at this beautiful city apartment B&B two and half days. The one thing that I didn't understand (and I have not gone back to look at the website) was that the balcony was off the living room and not the bedroom. Since it was early winter, there was a lot of dark and the beautiful lights from the city and harbour (still on New Zealand spelling) were magical.

The location was perfect. 10 minutes to the Domain (a huge park), a few minutes to restaurants, and a nice 45 minute walk to the CBD and harbours.
Bart was a great host who picked us at the bus station which was pretty close by for no charge. We took advantage of his service to take us to the airport, which was so nice. New Zealand is the land of “no worries”, “no drama” and “no problem” and Bart is a fine example of this attitude.

Room Tip: We had the bedroom/living area with a "Jack & Jill" bath. I got the bedroom, Bart made...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tucsondesertrats

Dear ladies from Tucson,
It's been a while, but we really appreciate your feedback and positive comments about our B&B. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and especially the Harbor View Suite with the magnificent views. Indeed during our winter months, the night sky is bright and the city lights magical ! Happy to hear you are planning to return next year ! We look forward to welcoming you back. Kindest regard, Therese & Bart