Hotel DeBrett
US$232
US$214
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$156
US$151
CrownePlaza.com
  • Room Service
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$184
US$173
US$288
US$268
  • Restaurant
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$151
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$114
  • Fitness centre
  • Free Internet
Pullman Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$157
Orbitz.com
US$198
US$148
1,323 results
All reviewsloft suitemid centurybeautiful boutique hotelthe complimentary continental breakfastclassic roomwelcome drinknew zealandsmall hotelmueslisitting roomother guestscomfortable bedthe location is perfectthe heart of the cityvalet parkinggreat roomstreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Only stayed here one night on a short stopover in Auckland, but we really loved this hotel.

It is very modern and cool. It's in a great location and has an excellent bar and restaurant.

We had a Boutique Suite, which is supposed to be a little more spacious than a normal room. While we had a tiny lounge area, I wouldn't say the room was very big. Quite the opposite, but that said it was very neat, clean and comfortable.

The bathroom is stocked with decent toiletries (always a plus!) as well as green velvet bathrobes which are a bit different. It was quite spacious and the heated floor felt nice on my feet.

We went into the drawing room for drinks in the evening. It's a great space and a very friendly staff member was there to serve us whatever we wanted, from local wines through to cocktails. We sat and talked with a few other guests, which was a very pleasant way to start the evening.

Breakfast the next morning was just right, with a mix of cereals, fruits and bread.

In summary, we'll definitely be back next time we are in Auckland. It is so much nicer to stay in these boutique-style hotels than the big name ones. Service is more personal and you really feel at home.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2012

A tremendous place to stay. Artdeco in Auckland, superb new interior design in keeping with the buildings origins, lavish bedrooms and bathrooms almost all of which are internal, but the interior design and outstanding acoustics and a feature making the whole experience memorable. A great dining room and bar. Outstanding staff and owners with all the New Zealand charm and eagerness to please so typical of the country. Truly historic.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We were in Auckland for a week (Staying at The Heritage Hobson St) and had dinner thursday the 23rd feb. The restaurant (the kitchen) was an intimate dining experience. One of my teenage daughters is coeliac and they were so accommodating. The service was exemplary and
the waiter made our daughter feel special instead of different. Kneeling beside her and taking time to explain her options from the menu. That's not to say we were neglected of course! Far from it! Its definitely not a cheap option but for affordable fine dining its up there among the best! Meals were lovely and hot. And when it came to desert they made our daughter a special dish as they were out of something on the menu.The wine was great and couldn't fault the dishes or service. WE had a great night out!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed here for one night with some friends at the start of our road trip through New Zealand.

The room was extremely comfortable and nicely decorated. The bar has a really nice rustic feel to it. They serve really good breakfast which we really needed considering the amount of driving we had to do that day.

The location of the hotel is really good and is within walking distance of most of the central shopping district of Auckland.

The staff were really friendly.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2012

After my overnight flight and the Super Shuttle into Auckland, I dragged my suitcase and tote bag into Hotel DeBrett, as a stylish young woman rushed out to meet me. Usually its not good to arrive at 8 a.m. on a Sunday morning at a hotel with only 25 rooms. In this case, the room wasn't ready, but the welcome was.

OK, it’s trendy. The carpets have stripes in sky blue, pumpkin orange, white, a red that’s between maroom and fire engine. There are sofas, sort of retro. She apologized that checkout was at 10 a.m., and took me upstairs to the “library.” Really. Books, DVDs, sofas, a leather lounge chair right next to a MacBook already connected to the internet.

Another beautiful young woman came in to ask how I’d like coffee, and they said, surely I could have the complimentary continental breakfast even though it wasn't supposed to be included this morning. A woman from Spokane, Wash., was in there too and she gave me advice about my trip to the Bay of Islands in northern New Zealand.

And when I finally reached my room, there was the carpet again, with a dark green, gold and burnt red tri-color accent pillow, a black and white photo of something abstract ver the bed, and hunter green lacquered backboard to the bed, curtains to hide the bed/

Walls of the bathroom, with a heated black tile floor, were black tile polka dots on white background. The white bathtub, deeper than some pools, had a lime green ladder crawling out from the top of it to the ceiling. For design? Or for drying hand-washed underwear? Whatever, I like whimsical.
There also was a shower with a rainfall head from the ceiling and another hand-held shower head. Retro 60s chairs were gray, one plastic-form at the blond and mirrored desk was white. There were incense sticks, a flat Sony TV with a DVD player. Pillows were down, and the black and white coverlet had something in French written in it, and black and white pictures of old French ladies. And it was quiet and I fell asleep.
When I woke up, I discovered what a great location this hotel was in - the waterfront was about four blocks, there were several pubs around the corner - and the welcome back was always as friendly as the first.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo