“What a Great Place to Stay!!!”
Review of Hotel DeBrett

Hotel DeBrett
Ranked #1 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We arrived at 5am, checked in to our room number 2.9 and fell into one of the most luxuriously comfortable beds I have ever had the pleasure of sleeping in. Lovely linen, pillows and a duner cover so light you didn't even know it was there. It was how I imagine it must feel to be dropped into a great, big, gorgeous pavlova, all soft and enveloping. Service, outstanding - Restaurant, outstanding - Location - fantastic - you can walk out the door and find shops, other restaurants, bars, the water front and all within 5-10 mins or so. My husband has fallen in love with the place and wants to return for Christmas 2014.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not front the street if you want true peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,283)

Reviewed 6 January 2014

This was the first pit stop prior to our wedding and honeymoon, and our warm welcome from Scarlett and other staff was incredibly memorable and everyone was immensely helpful for the duration of our stay.

Whilst there's already a hotel bar, the generally secluded Honesty Bar has a wide ranging book and dvd library (in-room tv's have built in dvd players) in addition to a record player and a decently sized amount of records to choose from...an interesting addition to the already unique hotel which is perfectly positioned alongside beautifully crafted boutiques, a short walk away from the Britomart, airport transportation and the ferry terminal.

Perfect for a short stay in Auckland and can't wait to come back some day soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Perfect location, friendly and efficient staff, wonderful rooms and absolutely delicious food. They make you feel at home and you wish your home looked bit like their hotel. Stop looking there is no better hotel in Auckland!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2014

After deciding to visit Hotel DeBrett's Kitchen restaurant for Christmas day dinner we thought a stay might be in order as well. The Sex and the City package for a Boutique suite including valet parking, a bottle of sparkling, some Shoc Chocolates and a late check out of 12:00 ticked all the boxes. Also included is a drink in the private lounge serving some very nice wines, beer and spirits. This is a quirky room just off the restaurant and a nice place to spend an hour. Our suite was 2.9 overlooking a small inner courtyard and facing two other rooms with small balconies. the suite was entered through the bedroom. The bedroom was spacious with a wardrobe, desk and very comfortable bed with quality linens. The mini bar is in the wardrobe. The sitting room is off the bedroom with no windows, but a high ceiling with a skylight. Comfortable, clean and just a little funky. TV's in both rooms. A small radio/alarm in the bedroom. The black and white tiled bathroom with a bath big enough for two is pretty stunning with a good sized shower and a interesting "night Light" over the toilet. The room is a bit dark when trying to put on makeup, but there is a magnifying mirror, great hairdryer and good amenities . The décor is retro funky.
Our dinner was great and we had very good service from the moment we walked in the lobby to until our keys to the car were handed back by the valet. The location is also good and within walking distance to many of the tourist hotspots. My only thought for improvement would be the breakfast selection, it was a bit dull in comparison to many other properties of this standard. We would happily stay here again.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I chose this hotel based on its reviews on this site and the pictures of the decor which were a little something more than any hotel any city.

From the moment I set foot in the lobby the staff were friendly and helpful. Each new member of staff I encountered over the first couple of days took the time to introduce themselves when they realised they were meeting me for the first time and I was always subsequently addressed by name. When one of my tours fell through they suggested alternatives and made all the arrangements for me so I did not have to take time out of my other planned activities.

The room was lovely as the pictures show. Very comfy bed, huge bathtub, great separate shower, all the usual amenities supplied. Plus the pre dinner drink in the drawing room was a nice way to meet other guests. Free Wifi really did mean that as it was great to be able to use the Internet And check e-mails without worrying about usage. Also the included buffet breakfast was very good, a section of fruit, bread, pastries, yogurt, juice, etc. I tried the hot breakfast one day for an additional cost and it was delicious. On the morning I was to depart I popped in as they opened at 7.30 thinking I would just have a quick drink of juice and a bit of fruit before catching my 7.45 bus for the long trip to Rotorua. Instead as soon as I explained why I was not stopping a box was provided so I could make up a packed breakfast for the journey.

Also the location could not be beaten. Steps from the Airport bus stops, the waterfront, walking distance to ferries, art gallery, maritime museum, shopping on Queen Street around the corner, eating options all around.

Really pleas with my choice for my week in Auckland. I really do not think I could have picked better.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank celi36
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed here for a couple nights a week or two ago in room 1.3. It was very small and crammed, but the design was really fun, modern, and retro-ish. I picked this property because I new it would be colorful and funky. I liked the big tub and velvet bathrobe, but unfortunately there were no slippers. Also, there is no soap as they use gel instead. The shower overflows into the toilet stall as it's not at a steep enough incline to drain fast enough. I had a few meals here including breakfast and dinner, which were all tasty. The wifi works great throughout the property. This is a great property if you want to walk around. There are tons of shops and restaurants, especially tasty Asian cuisine. This is a trendy, hip, young property and definitely has that vibe. I'm having trouble uploading photos now, but will try again later.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank SprVxn
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Fabulous hotel experience. Excellent staff, excellent service, gorgeously layered retro-inspired design and decor. The bed was like a cloud - we could have stayed in all day! The rooms felt private and quiet despite the central location. We would return in a heartbeat, highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com