Hotel DeBrett
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Grand Windsor(Auckland Central)
  • Free Internet
  • Fitness centre
CityLife Auckland(Auckland Central)
  • Pool
Stamford Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
  • Restaurant
Grand Mercure Auckland(Auckland Central)
  • Room Service
Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel(Auckland Central)
Pullman Auckland(Auckland Central)
1,322 results
All reviewsloft suitemid centurybeautiful boutique hotelthe complimentary continental breakfastclassic roomwelcome drinknew zealandsmall hotelmueslisitting roomother guestscomfortable bedthe location is perfectthe heart of the cityvalet parkinggreat roomstreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 May 2010

We wanted a hotel with a difference and we were not disappointed. Quirky and fun, but also styish and luxurious.

I loved the mix of modern and art deco. Our suite was great, lovely linen, sumptuous bed, well thought out bathroom with fab shower, welcoming and comfy sitting room.

We loved meeting the great owners/designers John and Michelle - Michelle has promised to help me out should I ever require the services of an interior designer. Such vision and energy.

One of the highlights of our stay was eating in their restaurant. As good as the best. The seafood parfait was truly memorable.

Brilliantly located for seeing the sights and shopping.

Even if you don't stay there, you should try and visit for a meal or even a cup of their delicious coffee.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2010

I was in Auckland one night for business and originally had booked in a hotel chain before checking out tripadvisor and seeing Hotel DeBrett listed as the number 1 hotel in the city. I decided to change my reservation, and I am so glad I did. Instead of spending a lonely night in a big hotel room that could have been any where, I stayed in a fantastic room with bright decor and one of the coolest bathrooms I have ever seen. But better than that, I made friends and had a fabulous evening. The hotel offers a free drink to those who stop by the library from 6:30 to 7:00. I made friends with a couple of great people from Boston - we moved into the glass atrium for a couple of more drinks from the bar. The atmosphere in the atrium was definitely cool - we didn't want to leave. By the time we got up to grab dinner, many of the restaurants in the area had closed for the evening so we took a cab to the Ponsonby area where we had a fun dinner at SPQR. The hotel was extremely helpful in finding us a place to eat, as well as giving advice throughout my entire visit. I'd also like to mention that Hotel DeBrett is a great value for what you get - plus it was cheaper than the chain hotels. I had been to Auckland several years ago and did not have fond memories, but my stay at Hotel DeBrett has given me a completely different opinion of the city!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2010

Staff was great and helpful. Hotel has style and charm. Breakfast is great. Location is great for the city center. We had a "boutique" room, which I'm under the impression might be bigger than normal. We didn't have much room for the luggage. Also, we had a room with a door to the breakfast/bar lounge, which was loud at night. I slept fine though. Also, the workout facility is a couple of blocks away, if it matters (didn't to me). Just things to consider if staying here. Overall, a great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank firepoke
Reviewed 9 April 2010

I stayed at the hotel for Christmas and New Year. The rooms are spacious, and very comfortable. Every detail was thought of, such as under floor heating in the bathrooms. The restaurant was warm and inviting with its glass ceiling, and the food delicious and the wine list first class. The bar is intimate and cozy and the drawing room very relaxing. My family and I availed ourselves of all the facilities. The hotel is so ideally located for shopping and there are wonderful restaurants in the area. I loved my stay at the hotel and hope to visit it again when I can get to New Zealand

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2010

Beautifully stylish (without being stuffy), really helpful staff, great location. I'd recommend this hotel

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple