Back in July last year, we were sucessful in obtaining tickets to the Pink Floyd Concert for February this year. Immediately after securing the tickets our group booked apartments at the Quest on Eden for the night of the concert. I had booked a two bedroom apartment for my husband and I as well as for another couple. My other work colleagues booked 3 separate apartments for themselves. With tickets and accomodation booked we thought all was in place for our "night away" This is where I need to say that my friends and ourselves have used Quest apartements through out the North Island on a regular basis and till now never had any problems, infact always had touble free and enjoyable visits.
On arriving at The Quest on Eden, after travelling from Rotorua we were told that our apartment booking had been cancelled on the 18th January by a woman. That was news to us. We asked why we were not notified by email regarding our booking being cancelled to be told it was not their policy to follow up cancellations with email. Firstly none of our party had cancelled our booking why would we - we had tickets for a concert!!!! Secondly we had checked the week before if parking was available for our car and it was then we were told that parking was indeed available and what sort of bedding configuration did we want in our apartment. So in our minds our booking was still in place on the 13th February. So god knows where he invented the apartment cancellation on the 18th January. The manager was rude and arrogant, telling us that we had cancelled the booking and that our booking and dates of checking didn't mean much to him as it was not his apartment policy to use the web site booking numbers or email communication. Something just didn't seem right at all and we feel that they either doubled booked or got a better price as there was many people wanting accomodation because of the Pink Floyd Concert.
We did manage to get another apartment booking, with the grumpy manager's help, at the Quest Albany for the night. This apartment was goregeous and the owner was wonderful and understanding of our plight and did everything he could to make our stay comfortable. The only thing was it was so far out of Auckland city that instead of enjoying a relaxing meal with our other friends we spent most of the time stuck in rush hour traffic. This also added extra expenses for us petrol for 2 extra trips to Albany and the other apartment cost more even when discounted.
After this experience we will now no longer trust the Quest Serviced Apartment Online booking site. Infact our next get away to the South Island this month has been booked with accomodations other than the Quest. We have double checked these bookings and have been assured that all is in place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Serviced apartment-style hotel in quiet central city street, close to Queen St, Downtown, Viaduct Harbour, University of Auckland, Albert Park and Vector Arena. 29 Studio, 1 and 2 bedroom apartments, with fully equipped kitchen (including microwave & dishwasher), SKY TV, phone, hairdryer, complimentary amenities. Spotlessly clean, serviced daily. Reasonable rates. All apartments non smoking. Undercover hotel parking must be pre-booked ($20 per day). Friendly, helpful staff will help you make the most of your Auckland stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quest on Eden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quest On Eden Hotel Auckland Central
- Quest On Eden Auckland, New Zealand