Quest on Eden
  • Bar/Lounge
Pullman Auckland(Auckland Central)
  • Fitness centre
  • Free Internet
Adina Apartment Hotel Auckland Britomart(Auckland Central)
  • Fitness centre
Hotel DeBrett(Auckland Central)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Grand Windsor(Auckland Central)
  • Free Internet
CityLife Auckland(Auckland Central)
  • Pool
All reviewsserviced apartment hotelquiet streettight squeezeample spacebasic accommodationworked finequiet at nightqueen streetfully equipped kitchenbit datedlocation is greatdowntown aucklandstayed nightsbalconyarenaharbouruniversity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Avoid this place! This was supposed to be a 4 stars hotel but apparently on a scale of 20!

Me and my two colleagues spent 1 week in this hotel due to a business trip. When we arrived to the room, we discovered dirty carpet and bed covers that probably haven't been cleaned in a long time! When we wanted to wash and dry our clothes, the tumble dryer didn't work properly and left some kind of dirt on them. (To top it, we had to PAY extra in order to get more washing powder. The same applies to the dishwasher). We had to point out to the cleaning staff what has to be done (trash, toilet paper) and we learned that if we leave a stain on a bathroom towel, we have to PURCHASE it.

We also had problems with Internet - we bought a 1 week pack for $50 which lasted for 2-3 days. When we went to the reception desk to ask what was happening, the manager refused to give us a solution and explained in a VERY RUDE way that we used too much GB and if we want more, we need to pay (Apparently, there was a limit of GB, but this information was nowhere to be found!!). The manager was EXTREMELY UNPLEASANT, insulted us and refused to apologize! I really don't know how he became a manager of a hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Zuzru
Adrian C, Manager at Quest on Eden, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Thank you for taking time to place a review on Trip Advisor website.

We understand your frustration regarding the usage of website. You bought a one-week Internet access for $50.00. You have been advised that this is for one singles computer and also, you have been acknowledged on the check-in undersigned with your signature that you will be responsible under the Copyright Amendment Act 2011 for downloading unauthorized materials.
Unfortunately, you disregarded this agreement and you logged in with three computers and you used your allocation of 8Gb in two days.
After two days you called late in the night and I came from my time off and issued you a FREE one-day Internet ($15.00) to help you to continue your connection and next day to clarify with Internet Provider Company.
Because you knew what you were doing, you avoided to accept reconciliation with Internet Provider and on the third day you raise another issue at Reception.
The Receptionist gave you again for FREE another one-week access ($50.00) and promised to manage with Internet Provide the situation.
I personally talked with the Internet Provider and finally they explained that your traffic is with 3 computers and you are downloading with 3 computers using 8Gb in 2 days.
But you came at Reception on 5th day asking for another access and I explained I have already issued two FREE accesses already ($15.00 + $50.00) and if you would like to have a new connection, you have to buy another one to fulfill your need.

What we don’t understand is why you placed such statements regarding the cleanness. It is obviously for anybody reading your review that is a kind of revenge.
The best proof is even from your own statement: “And the cherry on the top - during the last night we realized there were FLEAS in our room!!!” As you mentioned, you stayed 7 days. If in the last night you realized there were fleas in your room, it is obviously you brought from somewhere. It is just easy to observe there were no fleas in the room, is just your way to punish an accommodation provider for not continuing to give you FREE facilities.

We do apologies we cannot provide more FREE stuff, our Internet provider is charging us as well. There might be somewhere else in the world places with free Internet access and maybe our place will be free as well sometime. But not now. Wish you all the best.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Unfriendly stuff and manager, dirty rooms, never cleaned only changed towels and emptied bin. Was bitten by bed bugs. Internet nearly never worked. NEVER AGAIN! It is the second time that I stayed in Auckland, the first time I stayed in a cheap hostel which was much better than this expensive hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 647AlexandraG
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Best things: Location, nice enough view from 7th floor, good strong shower. But room was way too small for an "apartment" smaller than most average sized hotel rooms. And the worst thing was we arrived to find there was no parking available, was told we had to book that but I never saw anything on the site we used to tell us that. Had a very frustrating hour trying to find a park "on the street" on a Friday evening which then became paying at 8.00am the next morning. Also suspect bed bugs were present as my wife had bites in places no mosquito would go! We have used many different Quest hotels but sadly we won't return to this one. I say sadly because the location suits us so well. We didn't eat there so can't comment on "kitchen" facilities. Staff were not sympathetic at all to my annoyance over the parking fiasco.

Room Tip: Avoid 7E, it has bed bugs
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barry W
Reviewed 22 March 2013

the Quest on eden was a wonderful welcoming place to stay, beautiful clean rooms, everything you need. we had a beautiful view of harbor and vector arena, perfect place to stay if you are attending a show there. wonderful hosts and i will be coming back again to stay as i loved it. thank you for a wonderful stay see you again

Wendy L

Room Tip: ask for the sea view fantastic
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel as it looked amazing online. Got to the place to be told no parking, supposedly to get parking you had to state that in the comments when booking- be a mind reader in other words. My credit card was charged in full on arrival which I was not informed of and when I went down to dispute it as I was only paying for half the room the woman at reception was very rude. The room was horrible, on the bed that I was in the sheets didn't even fit properly. The only good thing about this hotel is that it's close to vector. I will never stay in a quest again after this experience and I suggest you don't either.

• Stayed: February 2013