“Great place to stay. ”
Review of Quest on Eden

Quest on Eden
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a 9th floor apartment. Great views from balcony. Easy walking distance to town or vector arena. Awesome beds and hardly any street noise, especially when compared to staying at a quest on queen st last time.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Quest on Eden

Reviewed 28 December 2013

100% home away from home. I literally felt home again.
I asked the same nice receptionist from the same apartment and my wish been granted.
Same nice and quite apartment, with Harbor view, just noticed a brand new curtain.
So happy to be treated as special-returning guest.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My partner and I stayed at Quest on Eden for two nights in a 1-bedroom apartment and had no complaints with our stay. Our room had a small kitchenette which was clean and well-equipped. It wass a short 10min walk to midtown (Queen St), and probably the same to Britomart train station, the wharf and Viaduct Harbour. They don't do in-room dining other than breakfast, but that's not an issue since there are plenty of restaurants nearby. Overall, it was a comfortable stay at a very reasonable price, and we will be back :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I finished a cruise in Aukland, and stayed at Quest on Eden 3 nights. I walked with my suitcase from the ship, but it was uphill, and I should have taken a taxi for about $8. Like a hotel, but without food, but I was cooking my own meals and it was perfect with a big kitchen and all I needed. Very roomy and clean, with a balcony on the 9th floor looking out over Aukland Harbour. Magnificent - with spring sun. Hours at the desk are shorter than a hotel, but staff was most helpful and accommodating, getting me a converter plug so I could charge my I-phone. It is near the University and Albert Park, with the Art Museum (free tours). You can walk in 15 minutes to the dock, where you can get a ferry to the islands, etc. Tour busses don't pick you up there, so I walked to the Ferry Terminal. Got a super shuttle to pick me up there for the airport (one way - $29 NZ). I paid $330 NZ for 3 nites, and US dollars are worth 15% more now. A bargain for a good size apartment (even a washer-drier)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Our apartment was basic, but what we were looking for after our long flight from Bangkok. The washing machine and dryer were a particularly welcomed sight since we'd been traveling through Asia for several weeks prior to arriving in NZ. The water pressure in the shower was amazing - so strong that we couldn't even turn it up all the way! The bed was fine, but not particularly comfortable. Both my husband and I had stuffy noses every morning, which we assumed was from dust mites or mildew in older bed linens or duvets not washed regularly (the only things we're both allergic to.) That being said, the room was clean and completely adequate for our needs. The location is fine, not great. It's a bit of a walk (a hilly 10 minutes) to get to sites and restaurants, but not a bad one and we were eager to stretch our legs.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed 10 days at this hotel for an event at Vector Arena. The location was perfect for this with the arena literally about a 7 minute walk away and a large sized grocery store within a 10 minute walk. The downtown area/ Queen street was also quick to get to as well as the waterfront.
The hotel its self is older but well kept and clean. For a stay this long we valued the full kitchen and the in suite laundry .

Room Tip: We stayed in a one bedroom suite which was suitable for me and my two teenagers. Friends stayed in t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We have recently stayed at Quest on Eden because we attended a concert at Vector Arena and we needed to stay nearby the Arena. We saw another user’s review commenting about how they had problems parking their mid-sized Toyota in the hotel’s small car park. We were really worried because we have a big Nissan Patrol but decided to book the hotel anyway because they are close to Vector Arena. I decided to make this review because we had a good laugh about the car-park “issue”… We booked the car park in advace and had NO problems getting in and parking our Nissan Patrol and we actually noticed there was another big Nissan and a Toyota hilux in the car park as well… So we guess it comes down to driving skill – the hotel’s car park is just fine! Oh, and it was a nice, clean room, no problems there either.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple