“Good Location”

Ranked #68 of 118 Speciality Lodging in Auckland
Feilding, New Zealand
“Good Location”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I didnt think that much of the size of the room but it had a nice view of Vector Arena and was close by so we just walked to the concert that we were in Auckland for. Was caught off guard that we had to pay on arrival instead of when we checked out but i liked that the doors were shut at a certain time for safety. I liked knowing that people couldnt get in. Decor could do with an update but I would stay here again

Room Tip: Even though we loved having a balcony, it was very noisy with all the traffic.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Hayley J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Staff were very helpful over email when i made my booking with my requests although I asked for 2 king beds in each room the day before we checked in and we got 2 single bed in each (what I asked for when I made the booking originally). I also asked for the highest room possible but they only put us on floor 4. Reception area/elevator and hallways are very nice and boutiquey but rooms did not live up to the standard. We were in a 2 bedroom apartment and one room was massive and the other was tiny! Furnishings could do with upgrading and the kitchen could do with a facelift. Have stayed at nicer hotels in Auckland City for less the price and at better locations. I wouldn't say it was all bad but i definately wasn't blown away...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Kaikoura, New Zealand
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

We booked to stay here for a special weekend in auckland. We had a confirmed reservation ( supported by email confirmation). However when we arrived they denied any knowledge of our reservation in spite of the evidence. Mistakes can happen, their attitude however was rude and unhelpful. They denied any responsibility for anything , as no other rooms were available this potentially left us sleeping on the street which was " not our problem"
I am unable to comment on the rooms, but the service is of concern. The fact that a confirmed reservation is not honoured by this hotel must be a concern to future potential users. I would recommend looking else where when staying in Auckland.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Auckland hotels

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We dropped our bags early in the day and were told to return at 2pm to check in, unless our room was ready earlier (in which they would call us). Having not received a phone call, we returned from a day of shopping at 3.45pm to be told that our room was not ready, would only be ready in an hour's time, and that we might want to "go out and have some lunch" in the meantime. When I asked for an explanation, I was told that many of the prior night's guests had checked out late and, as a result, house-keeping was running behind. So we had to wait in reception for a further 45 minutes and, even once shown to our room, the housekeeping staff were still in there for another 15 mins making the beds. Although the manager was apologetic, the circumstances that led to this situation were entirely within the hotel's control. We were given a late check out the following morning to compensate (which was of limited value to us), and this did nothing to alleviate the inconvenience and frustration of having to wait around for the hotel to get their act together. I won't be staying there again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a one-bedroom with a nice view of the harbour. It was clean and had ample space. The kitchenette was good, although there was no laundry machine. The bed was not comfortable but I have found good beds to be rare among hotels in New Zealand in general, except at high-ebd hotels. The biggest problem with thus place is the parking garage: it is too cramped and difficult to manoeuvre in. I scraped my car trying to squeeze into the tiny, allocated spot. The Romanian staff did not seem to understand my American accent very well but they seemed to be trying hard to be helpful and polite noneyhekess.

• Stayed January 2014
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed on the 7th Floor. Our welcome was poor, advised that we had pay extra for towels if you dirty them with makeup etc.pay extra for cot for baby, and carpark. Carpark insanely tight to get down into. Outdated furnishings left us feeling drab and depressed. Close enough to walk to city. But quite steep of you have prams etc. Not a returning guest. PS Communication about the $50 deducation from Credit Card with no explanation what it was for very trying.
Pass on this one.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a 9th floor apartment. Great views from balcony. Easy walking distance to town or vector arena. Awesome beds and hardly any street noise, especially when compared to staying at a quest on queen st last time.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple