“Great place”

Ranked #34 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
San Luis Obispo, CA
“Great place”
Reviewed 15 November 2009

wow, we stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment here with an incredible view of Auckland Harbor. The kitchen was extremely well equiped and even tho we didn't cook, we liked having the coffee provided for our "plunger" coffee in the morn and a fridge to keep the wine cold! Very close to the water front for nice dining at those restuarants.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
オークランド
Reviewed 13 November 2009

I stayed here in Oct for 2night. My first impression was good,because of a clean room.
However when I came back from Rotorua tour at first night,I couldn't believe my eyes.
Our room still kept previous condition.The staff didn't clean up the room.Moreover the staff cleaned up a little bit. e.g. a glass in a dishwasher
Of course I didn't show any sign at the door.I complained to staff immediately,but reception staff was not so attentive,because they had no idea.
I dont want to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank なん

Travellers are raving about these Auckland hotels

new zealand
Reviewed 10 November 2009

this is a decent hotel in downtown auckland - good bed and bathroom - staff are really unhelpful.

the room service glass of wine came 10 minutes after the food - both were awful - much better to eat out.

free internet only on the corporate package! I ordered a smoke free room but not available.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Tauranga
Reviewed 28 August 2009

I booked this hotel on location and price. I then read the reviews and was a little apprehensive. From the moment we arrived the staff were unfailingly courteous and helpful. The one bedroom suite we booked was clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable. The noise from the street outside was minimal as the traffic really stops during the night. Breakfast was great. This would be my first choice to stay in the city again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elkaysee
Christchurch
Reviewed 6 July 2009

The weekend staff were helpful and friendly when we were given the wrong room. New room seemed OK but a bit unloved. The cleaning seemed really basic and there were stains on the covers and lots of peeling paint and mold spots in the bathroom. One flat pillow each on the bed, no mattress protector and only one very thin and sad uncovered duvet.

When we were about to leave I moved the bed to pick up what I thought was a sock .. turns out that a past occupant had left old empty make up bottle,broken makeup powder, several clothing labels all of which were covered in thick dust... YUK!

Several items were missing from the room... hope they don't think we took them. I tried to talk to the desk staff during the week while I waited for a cab. but the only response was "well you are leaving now Madam so we will do this later. " On the last day I finally had time and I tried again and offered some eco friendly cleaning tips since they say in the room a it is an Eco choice hotel.. no response but "I hear you Madam"... several times over. I have put this in writing to the Hotel and hope for other guests and the Planet that they can shape up. as the eco side seems to be about cleaning less during or stay but still using really strong chemicals that could be smelt in the halls and lifts when guest leave. yet still the room was dirty and dusty.

For a rack rate of $330/night I can see why they are needing to discount to less than half this on several sites.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business