“Basic facilities,reasonable price, good location,old buliding”
Review of Arena Hotel

Arena Hotel
Arena Hotel
Ranked #48 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
Adelaide, Australia
“Basic facilities,reasonable price, good location,old buliding”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

helpful and kind staff, near CBD and Britomart Transport Centre so you have access to all areas easily. building is very old and kitchen is not equipped. The Internet is free in the lobby. there is a shop by 2 minutes walk and 24 hours hypermarket(Countdown) just 5 minutes walk nearby. For midterm stay is suitable. The price for this facilities is the best encouragement to opt Arena.

Room Tip: rooms face to street are very noisy in the morning but the rooms at the behind are so quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank AliPd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I stayed at the arena hotel for 3 days, I found it to be pleasant, staff very helpful and informative with regard to public transport.

Rooms were basic, clean and comfortable, a tad squashy, there is a laundry available, a nice little bakery nextdoor with pastries, and service station across the road open till late.

You can walk into the main town centre or jump on the circle route bus, you can visit the museum nearby aswell.

There is a supermarket aswell, walking distance probably take you about 10 - 12 minutes, a good way to get a bit of excercise too!

There is also a restaurant within the hotel with moderately priced meals, and a quiet little japanese restaurant as you walk out of hotel and onto your right.

Theres also internet access 24/7 in the main foyer of hotel. You can also purchase a top up card for your mobile, at reception.

I found my stay to be pleasant, enjoyable, and generally a neat hotel and would definantly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Ikatapagleh13
St Germans , Cornwall
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Convenient start to my tour of New Zealand very close to the station.(then) Cheap and cheerful and the food was good. Only drawbacks noise at night when one of the other guests bit someones ear off in a disco and on the first evening in NZ a drunk chap in the bar started complaining about bl...dy Poms.Still after 23 years still very memorable!!!
and I still love New Zealand more than any where else

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Robertscargill
New Zealand
Reviewed 20 October 2010

We stayed there for a concert at Vector Arena. After reading reviews prior, I wasn't expecting much but since it was only the bed we were wanting it didn't matter. We were pleasantly surprised.

It is a rustic old building with a charming facade. The staff were very friendly and eager to please. I was worried about overnight parking coz we'd heard cars always get broken into, so we really wanted a carpark building but the Hotel owner assured us our car would be fine right outside and he was right. Although the parking was a little steep - $4/hr until 6pm.

The room was large, clean and tidy with brand new carpet. We had no view except of the roof next door but heard no traffic at all - we were on the 2nd floor. The bathroom was clean. I would recommend to people attending events at the Arena as a very convenient and well-priced hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Te Puke
Reviewed 15 October 2010

Comfortable Hotel for an overnight stay. My room was clean and the bed comfortable. Previous reviews of this hotel lead me to expect very little and was pleasantly surprised. The ensuite was exactly as pictured on the website. If you want more up market, then pay an extra $40-50 and stay at the Quadrant on Waterloo Street. I saw first hand the room's you get there and was impressed, but unfortunately I did not pay $120 plus I got what I paid for and was happy considering I only had to walk across the road to get to the Vector Arena where I was going for a great night's entertainment. So stop moaning you whinger's who expect way more than you pay for. Also the staff were very helpful and went out of their way to make sure I parked my car in a safe area outside their doors. Yes, the parking was a little bit expensive, but what do you expect for Auckland! I will definitely stay their in the future and will recommend to my family and friends or else stay further away and pay for it! I hear management are already making some improvements.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 October 2010

The pictures on their site are all misleading, rooms are WAYYYY worse in real life.
Had a terrible nights sleep and gapped it out of there a.s.a.p. in the morning.
Seriously, DO NOT STAY THERE.

We went to see our friends room in the Quadrant (cost them $30 more), stay there. We wish we did.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Auckland hotels

hamilton
Reviewed 26 May 2010

when we got there had to change room as the 1st one the bed was unmade and dirty towels on ground, a MESS,after we changed room it was ok as we went to the Vector Arena for Disney on ice,the staff were very helpful but the hotel is not that good its Cheap and parking was HELL, but the good point if you Got what it was worth..pay cheap get cheap,hotel needs more cleaning and paint would help,room service was not good as only good a change of towels after 2 days,
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend? only if they wanted cheap,
Tai food upstairs was very good apart from that nowhere really to eat.cafe next to hotel for breakfast was to say at least ok.outside of window early hours only quiet time.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple