The major plus points for this hotel are the very friendly staff on the front desk and the fact you get free unlimited wifi for your stay!!
The rooms are an OK size for the amount of people in there but the kitchen area is pretty tiny and grubby with not many functioning jobs or utensils.
Showers and bathrooms were ok, nothing special just average.
We decided to go back again as only staying for single nights at a time...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Queen Street Backpackers is considered one of the friendliest Backpackers Hostels in the heart of Auckland City. With a huge reception area which also houses our TV lounge, Longboard Bar, Pool Tables and reading area, your first impression will be one of both warmth and friendliness. Our Auckland Backpackers Hostel accommodation is only a short walk to the cities major supermarket, train, bus stations, ferry terminals, across the road from the Airbus Express stop and is on the front door step of Auckland's main street. Whether you're travelling alone, with your partner a friend or with a group of friends, our Auckland Backpackers can accommodate all your needs. Recent upgrade of the Wifi means guests have the option of using FREE 5ghz wifi within the hostel. We've also recently upgrade rooms to premium dorms which have privacy curtains, double plus, under bed storage and lockers for each bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and HostelWorld so you can book your Queen Street Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queen Street Backpackers Hotel Auckland Central
- Queen Street Backpackers Auckland, New Zealand