I'll get right to the point. This place is terrible! Stay away. There are plenty of better options for the same price.
To begin with, we were met at reception by a 16 year old looking kid, who didn't at all take the effort to even seem enthusiastic. When we asked about the $5 cashback when you show an Airbus ticket, which is advertised on their website, he had no idea what we were talking about. He went over to his co-worker, another 'kid' who was sitting behind reception and playing video games on his laptop, and he told us the deal ended. If that is so, then remove it from your website!
Next, free wi-fi. Good luck getting it anywhere other than around reception. Plus the speed is not very impressive.
Kitchen facilities are attrocious. I would not use any of their provided utensils because of the disugsting state they were in. The washing up sponges and cloth were dirtier than the dishes and looked like they hadn't been changed in a month. There was no way I would even touch them.
Beds were not comfortable and neither were the pillows. Thankfully there were no bed bugs that we were aware of in our room, but I have a feeling there is a good chance they are around somewhere.
Also, the hostel is right above a busy street and a pub, so good luck getting to sleep at night with all the noise of drunks, music, street sweepers, cars, etc.
Once again, AVOID STAYING HERE!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Queen Street Backpackers is considered one of the friendliest Backpackers Hostels in the heart of Auckland City. With a huge reception area which also houses our TV lounge, Longboard Bar, Pool Tables and reading area, your first impression will be one of both warmth and friendliness. Our Auckland Backpackers Hostel accommodation is only a short walk to the cities major supermarket, train, bus stations, ferry terminals, across the road from the Airbus Express stop and is on the front door step of Auckland's main street. Whether you're travelling alone, with your partner a friend or with a group of friends, our Auckland Backpackers can accommodate all your needs. Recent upgrade of the Wifi means guests have the option of using FREE 5ghz wifi within the hostel. We've also recently upgrade rooms to premium dorms which have privacy curtains, double plus, under bed storage and lockers for each bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Queen Street Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queen Street Backpackers Hotel Auckland Central
- Queen Street Backpackers Auckland, New Zealand