A horrible hostel. The dorms are about as cramped as a dorm can be - they pack you in like sardines and there is no space for everyone's luggage. The dorms are arranged into little flats, which might sound nice, but with 16 people sharing one tiny kitchen and one bathroom it certainly isn't nice. The bathrooms are the dirtiest I have seen in New Zealand and so is the living space. When we were there there were lots of long term workers living there with their belongings scattered all around the room. It was messy, dirty and not well ventilated. We checked out the next day and found somewhere else. If you're willing to pay a bit more, try base. If you want somewhere as cheap as fat camel, try the silver fern. Its a bit further out of the centre of the city but we much preferred it - clean and comfortable for only $20.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fat Camel Hostel is perfectly located in the heart of Auckland Downtown and is near to the Skytower and Viaduct Harbour. We have apartment style accommodation with shared dorm rooms, private rooms and even a female only apartment. Security Swipe Card access 24 hours with a 24 hour reception desk and internet access. A free snack size meal is provided every night you stay with free activities in the bar and excellent drinks specials. Come and be a part of the Fatty Family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nomads Fat Camel Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nomads Fat Camel Hotel Auckland Central
- Nomads Fat Camel Hostel Auckland, New Zealand