i stayed here a few years ago and it was 'bouncin;' how that has changed...i stayed there after booking on the internet $19 nightly four bed female dorm...when i arrived i like other travelers were told that this was incorrect and in fact the price of the dorm room was $29 per night-i checked four days later and this was still the case...i was exhausted and couldnt be bothered looking for another backpackers. Vanessa(thats the managers name-what a pratt has taken over from nomads next door), what she does i'll never know.Started my day with breakfast-i was told despite all the posters they didn't do breakfast..then i proceeded to do my washing-ha the washer was crap but the dryer was worse. I paid 3£ for a wash and £6 for a dry and £2 soap-its not cheap here...but despite paying this the dryer after two turns didnt work-packed in...but it took two people over thirty minutes to decide if they were to try another three $ so start again(one being the manager).So i wasted the entire morning trying to sort my washing,,,There are homeless people staying in the TV lounge(gotta stay somewhere i guess)-and various randoms in the rooms-there is no security here...value for money very poor...management apauling, loose tiles to nicely sever youself and whichever limb you want to dispose of in the shower rooms and staff 10-12 years old-mentally..So if you wanta be ripped off pay $29 per night per bed for as much security as a park bench..also there were screams of bed biug the next morning-and although i seriously doubt they actually got bed bugs im certain something was caught as the place is filthy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fat Camel Hostel is perfectly located in the heart of Auckland Downtown and is near to the Skytower and Viaduct Harbour. We have apartment style accommodation with shared dorm rooms, private rooms and even a female only apartment. Security Swipe Card access 24 hours with a 24 hour reception desk and internet access. A free snack size meal is provided every night you stay with free activities in the bar and excellent drinks specials. Come and be a part of the Fatty Family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Nomads Fat Camel Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nomads Fat Camel Hotel Auckland Central
- Nomads Fat Camel Hostel Auckland, New Zealand