We were told that The Fat Camel was an apartment based hostel with the rooms split into small flat like apartments with their own kitchen and bathrooms. With this in mind we were quite looking forward to our stay here. When we arrived we were very disappointed. The staff weren't particularly helpful to begin with. Our room itself was terrible. The kitchen was dirty, had very little cooking equipment and was tiny. The dorms were smelly and freezing cold, there was no heating at all. There were two showers and one toilet for close to twenty people. Don't be fooled by the free meals on offer either, the portions are pathetic. We had cottage pie which consisted of about two mouth falls. I would advise anyone to pay a tiny bit more and to go somewhere else than to stay here. It was a complete dive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fat Camel Hostel is perfectly located in the heart of Auckland Downtown and is near to the Skytower and Viaduct Harbour. We have apartment style accommodation with shared dorm rooms, private rooms and even a female only apartment. Security Swipe Card access 24 hours with a 24 hour reception desk and internet access. A free snack size meal is provided every night you stay with free activities in the bar and excellent drinks specials. Come and be a part of the Fatty Family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Nomads Fat Camel Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nomads Fat Camel Hotel Auckland Central
- Nomads Fat Camel Hostel Auckland, New Zealand