“Value for Money, Newly renovated, Clean and Basic”

Auckland Rose Park Hotel
Ranked #31 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
Singapore
“Value for Money, Newly renovated, Clean and Basic”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Stayed for 3 night in Nov-2012 on the block opposite the lobby. The room is clean and newly upgrade with new furniture, carpet and paint job. Free Parking for guest. Directly opposite the Rose park with Sunday morning street market with nice food and interesting stuff to see. Near to downtown and Parnell street with restaurants and shops. I would recommend this hotel for budget traveler with kids.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 10 January 2013

we had a lovely dinner with gorgeous views of the rose gardens and bay but the room was pokey and their was construction work going on quite early in the morning.
staff were helpful but wouldn't rush to stay there again

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Marlene M
Allamuchy, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I came home to New Zealand for a vacation and travelled extensively. Unfortunately the last place we stayed before departing back to the States was this hotel! It was just horrendous - where do I start. Under renovation and there was construction mess throughout the elevators, hallways. The internet for which they charge $20 for 24 hours was awful - dropped Skype calls, dropped Wifi and so the list goes on. Even the room telephone went out of order for a number of hours with no explanation. The bathrooms leave a lot to be desired - twice we had leakage from old pipes all over the floor, towel racks hanging off the wall, 1960's pink tile on the walls, midget size shower heads, antique hairdryers....... The front desk was not in the least apologetic for all our inconvenices. I would never stay there again or recomment that anybody else do. Beware is all I can say.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Auckland hotels

Paihia, null, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 November 2012

When we stayed in Kingsgate Hotel couple of months ago, I completed loved the customer service however the restaurant food was aweful. My last stay with Rose park hotel was a nightmare. We ordered for room service food - wrong food items has been delivered to the room when I asked them to fix it, the duty manager took 20 mins to fix the problems while we were in the room waiting for the food. Room was clean and spacious but there was construction going on just above our room. we could not enjoy our sleep-in time. I will never go back to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tina R
California
Reviewed 29 November 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and very much enjoyed our stay. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and they were nice to let us check in early after our very long flight which was great. The bus stop to the city is right in front of the hotel and only took 6 minutes. It could not be more convenient plus we saved quite a bit of expense by not having to pay for daily parking that you do if you stay at a more expensive hotel in the noisy city area. It was quiet and peaceful here. Our room was very clean, neat and bright. The shower was one of the best I've had in years. The decor may not have been ultra modern but so what? The room was clean,comfortable,convenient,in good condition, quiet and a fair value. It was a wonderful beginning to our travels in New Zealand.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Donna H
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 12 November 2012

having previously stayed at the kingsgate parnell we loved our stay. This time it was a completely different experience altogether. We booked on their own website (well it appeared to be anyway) a room called a "double double" as there were 3 of us. The room included continental breakfast for 2 and a complimentary morning newspaper. When I went to check in, the receptionist (who I will say was very polite the whole time, but eventually became polite and condescending) he advised me it was a double and a single bed. I then advised him we had booked a double double, to which then he preceded to search for a room to see if they had one available- I had booked this and paid for it 2 weeks earlier! He then said they had a room with 3 beds, which I accepted. This turned out to be 2 singles and a double. This suited us fine even though it wasn't what we had originally asked for. When we couldn't find a compendium about the facilities, I had to call and ask about laundry facilities etc, such a basic thing they need to provide in all rooms. I then went over to reception to ask him about how it worked in regards to the continental breakfasts that came free with the room. To which he advised me that the room did not come with continental breakfast. I advised him that thats what i paid for and it said it did at the time of booking. He then looked up on his computer and again in his condescending tone advised me for the room rate we paid it would not include breakfast at all. I then said to him I would go back to my room and find the email, to which he advised it would be honoured if i could prove it, and then said "good luck" - as if i was lying.. Was pretty fuming by this stage. Went back to my room and found the email and marched across laptop and all to show him the email. He then said .. "wow you got a really good deal"- DUH! that is why we booked it. I then offered to show him the website details so he could correct it for the future if it was wrong but he wasn't interested. The rest of the stay was fine. The carpets in our room were lovely and it had clearly been renovated, but the bathrooms had not. To get anything down the toilet you had to hold the button down for a long time. I think i remember this from last time. I don't think we will be back.

Room Tip: ask for a city facing room upstairs
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank cam86nz
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We stayed here for the RWC in 2011. The prices were inflated 4x standard prices for match nights during the RWC. The hotel rooms were very much run down motel rooms, with damaged furniture and fittings, rust etc. The food offered via the restaurant was very poor, so ventured out mostly to eat. Its location was convenient, although not in Auckland CBD, there was bus stop right out the front, but it had a limited service schedule. We struggled for decent accommodation during the rugby, so settled for this, but wouldn't return.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple