All reviews sky tower aotea square queen street art gallery room rate crowne plaza location is excellent twin room auckland city short stay wellesley atrium hairdryer iron
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Really handy to Sky Casino. The room was really spacious and the WiFi was very good. It was my first stay in inner city (usually stay out a bit to avoid bussle) but this is a very good location to amongst all the action. For a value stay very good.

Room Tip: I slept in room o roadside and with double glazing it was really quiet, so I reckon all rooms would be ok and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 1JayB
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

It's a good budget hotel, centrally located and cheap but it has one fault that causes me to give it a low rating. The hotel advertises itself as a non-smoking property but they refuse to do anything about people smoking. I made numerous calls to reception to tell them someone was smoking but nothing was done about it. And given the smell managed to find its way into my room it shouldn't have been hard to track down.
Very poor.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Neill R
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Beautifully clean room and bathroom, lovely staff, perfect city centre location yards from Queen Street and the bus stops to the airport. What more could you want for $79 per night? Will use again each time we come to Auckland from now on. Thanks Econolodge, and for the great recommendation for the Raviz Indian Restaurant that you gave us.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This was another annual stay at this hotel and as usual I was not dissatisfied.
Service was friendly and solicitous, room was excellent, providing all I needed and the continental breakfast was varied and plentiful. Location is excellent and I cannot recommend this establishment too highly as a modest, friendly,clean, and modest priced hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2013

After staying in the dodgy backpacker hostel next door for one night I was so relieved to find this hotel. Yes the room is small but it is well-equipped. I was on a course so out all day and didn't need room to dance.... It is great value for the price given the fantastic location and the staff are friendly and helpful. I was able to check in at 8am, no problem. Bathroom is basic but functional and at these prices, the hotel is competing with the backpacker market.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business