All reviewssky towerqueen streetaotea squareroom ratecrowne plazaauckland citylocation is excellentshort staywellesleyatriumhairdryeriron
Reviewed 28 November 2013

First shock was when entering the room. Room was so small that I could hardly fit a suitcase between the wall and the bed. No storage space, one shelf made out of particle bord, wardrobe had folded door as normal wouldn't fit. Bed was about 20cm smaller than normal bed as my feet were sticking out of it. Bed was so soft that when I laid on the edge I was falling off it. Bathroom was even worse, sink the size of my hands, wouldn't fit between toilet and the sink (even though the sink was miniature size!!), shower had stainless steel floor similar to public showers atr the beach. On the arrival I couldn't get the hot water going, so I called staff. They told me that because they haven't got many guests it takes time for water to arrive. When it finaly did, I couldn't mix the water, it was either burning hot, or freeezing cold. The flow of water was alos just the trickle. No airconditioning, constant noise from the outside cooling tower units as the windows were not blocking any outside noise. TV had only local 5 channels, so no entertainment. After travelling whole world including Africa, Asia, America, Eastern Europe this was the by far the worst hotel experience of my life. Avoid for all costs!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Michael T
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We booked through Expedia a nice room, but when we arrived the room we got was a shoebox- not even enough space to put our suitcases!
I called Expedia only to be told its not their fault so there is nothing they can do and its not their fault as the hotel provides the photos for the rooms.

We asked at the front desk to change rooms only to be told they were fully booked except a couple of rooms that would cost 50% more than we already paid!

TERRIBLE SERVICE ALL ROUND

Luckily the next morning we asked again to change room and were given a better room by the lovely lady on the front desk (Merri)
She saved our stay and if it wasnt for her actions this would be a scathing review.

Room Tip: do not book a standard room- they are tiny and old. book a king or balcony room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Centrally located (you can walk to most of the downtown area from this hotel), super clean and very helpful staff. Small rooms, but I would consider it a value for the price I paid. I would definitely consider returning to this hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Really handy to Sky Casino. The room was really spacious and the WiFi was very good. It was my first stay in inner city (usually stay out a bit to avoid bussle) but this is a very good location to amongst all the action. For a value stay very good.

Room Tip: I slept in room o roadside and with double glazing it was really quiet, so I reckon all rooms would be ok and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 1JayB
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

It's a good budget hotel, centrally located and cheap but it has one fault that causes me to give it a low rating. The hotel advertises itself as a non-smoking property but they refuse to do anything about people smoking. I made numerous calls to reception to tell them someone was smoking but nothing was done about it. And given the smell managed to find its way into my room it shouldn't have been hard to track down.
Very poor.