City Towers
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$165
US$309
US$247
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$196
US$187
  • Pool
Scenic Hotel Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$113
US$286
US$264
Hotel DeBrett(Auckland Central)
US$218
US$197
  • Breakfast included
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$118
  • Fitness centre
  • Free Internet
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$149
CityLife Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$230
US$139
Orbitz.com
US$170
US$139
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrain stationexcellent place to stayroom was spaciousshort walkmotelcbdkitchenettehosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2011

During my stay here at City Towers the staff were always happy to help out. The room I was in was spacious, clean and was well equiped. The bed was so comfortable and I had a great sleep.
It was very welcoming to have the heater on upon check in which made the room very warm and inviting.
The free carparking was also a great help being so close to the hospital and Newmarket shops we could just leave the car at City Towers and walk everywhere without a problem.
I would defintely stay at City Towers again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Thank you to the staff and management of City Towers for making my recent overnight stay in Auckland comfortable and pleasant.
My room was spacious and well appointed - new carpet, new curtains, good quality kitchen utensils and new furnishings, including a very comfortable king size bed, good linen, plenty of pillows and I slept well!
Though I didn't use the outdoor garden area that was adjoining my room, it was a pleasant space that I think would be well utilised in the warmer months, and it was safely fenced for children to play. The large doors and windows out to the garden let in plenty of sunshine first thing in the morning.
I appreciated being able to leave my car parked at City Towers after checking out so I could attend a conference during the day at nearby Auckland Hospital within walking distance. Newmarket shopping and dining is only a short distance away also and City Towers is very easy to find coming off the Southern Motorway. I liked the idea of there being a washing machine in the apartment and if I was staying longer, I would have used this facility (unlikely to do so when the only choice is use of a communal laundry).
I would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Bathroom needs repairs and updating broken tiles.The flush on the toilet also very dodgy. The pillows provided almost like waifers. Some staining on covers.The sofa and chairs very uncomfortable. However quiet for the centre of Auckland. If you are going to the hospital it is possible to pay a little more and be closer and in much better accomodation. As someone recovering from treatment I would not describe it as a home away from home it is quite missleading.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tinaTimaru
CityTowers, Manager at City Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2011

All pillows have now been upgraded with positive reports. We are now using a new dry cleaning company that delivers much more effective results than the previous one used.

Units have received various improvements throughout this year and we are receiving good feedback from this. Being in a quiet location and a 12minute walk to the Auckland Hospital we believe City Towers is an ideal place for those recovering from treatment.

Reviewed 20 February 2011

Comparatively cheap accommodation, but this place has not been maintained for a long time. The photos on their site must be from the time of the last refurbishment, but that could have been years ago, and it is now rather run down. The back courtyard is now more like a rubbish dump, with rotten, broken fencing, tree stumps and a generally dirty appearance.

Old furniture and fittings that are broken and uncomfortable. Nasty stains on the bedspread and NO HOT WATER. There is no air conditioning and not even a fan to help circulate air.

The room was mostly clean and tidy but there are ants lurking just outside, waiting for you to drop a crumb, rotten woodwork and mold in many cracks.

The location is handy to shops, entertainment, the hospital and domain. It is also very close to the train and bus routes.

In summary, spend a few more dollars and go somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Courtyards have been sprayed for weeds and all trellis and woodwork cleaned. Gardeners are now working on improving the courtyards on a weekly basis.
It is pleasing to report that new bed side tables, dining tables and chairs have been added to the rooms. New shower plates and hoses have also replaced the old ones. Kitchens are now in the process of being upgraded, with five already been completed.
The Hot Water Cylinder was replaced and since we have experienced no problems with hot water. We have now switched dry cleaning companies as we were previously not getting effective results.

Reviewed 10 December 2010

We enjoyed this clean, friendly serviced apartment for 21/2 months. The location is excellent-close to public transportation, the hospital, university, shopping and restaurants. The room was airy with plenty of room for relaxing (we even had our own outside patio). We were able to unpack all of our things, cook and feel at home when we were there. The staff was helpful and accommodating, always willing to answer questions or give advice. There was on site parking and security. We would definitely go back next time we are in Auckland.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple