“A good choice”

Ranked #34 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
Hamilton, New Zealand
“A good choice”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

My partner and I were long stay guests at this accomodation and we cannot say enough about it. I could get picky and say that the kitchen was not terribly well equipped, and that the decor is a bit tatty in places, and the door rattled when the wind blew, but those are not the things I will remember. First the beds - most definitely fabulously comfortable. Large king or superking beds, good pillows and a tv on a moveable cabinet, so watching tv in bed is just a matter of turning the cabinet around. The staff are incredibly helpful, and it is just a matter of asking, although there are no real people on weekends or public holidays, so calling the number provided is all it takes. The property is 10 mins walk from Newmarket, and there are plenty of food options really close by. We were constantly at the hospital so it is close to there, and getting off the motorway is a breeze with the Khyber Pass off ramp. The car park is patrolled several times a night by security so parking a car is no problem. In summary, it is a place I would happily return to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fridge/freezer if you are staying more than a weekend.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fluffymc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kerikeri, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Staff were very welcoming and obliging and were more than happy to help. In a great location - very close to shops, the supermarket and the Hospital. Very clean & tidy, comfortable and well equiped. Also very handy parking.

Room Tip: Ground floor is extra spacious and more accessible
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Taupo, New Zealand
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at City Towers and found the place to be very comfortable, clean and spacious. The location is an added bonus being right off the motorway and close to shops, supermarkets and Auckland Hospital. The parking is great, we were able to leave our car parked safely and use public transport which was a couple minutes walk away.
Overall we found the rooms to be comfortable and it was good to be able to cook in the self-contained kitchen.
We would happily recommend City Towers to anyone wanting a price-competitive stay in the heart of Newmarket.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I had a pleasant stay at City Towers. Staff were really friendly and nothing was a problem for them being more than happy to help me out. The room was clean and comfortable as well as being well equiped, having everything I needed during my stay very .
Close to public transport, shops and the hospital. Overall I enjoyed my stay at City Towers.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Whangarei, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 July 2011

During my stay here at City Towers the staff were always happy to help out. The room I was in was spacious, clean and was well equiped. The bed was so comfortable and I had a great sleep.
It was very welcoming to have the heater on upon check in which made the room very warm and inviting.
The free carparking was also a great help being so close to the hospital and Newmarket shops we could just leave the car at City Towers and walk everywhere without a problem.
I would defintely stay at City Towers again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Thank you to the staff and management of City Towers for making my recent overnight stay in Auckland comfortable and pleasant.
My room was spacious and well appointed - new carpet, new curtains, good quality kitchen utensils and new furnishings, including a very comfortable king size bed, good linen, plenty of pillows and I slept well!
Though I didn't use the outdoor garden area that was adjoining my room, it was a pleasant space that I think would be well utilised in the warmer months, and it was safely fenced for children to play. The large doors and windows out to the garden let in plenty of sunshine first thing in the morning.
I appreciated being able to leave my car parked at City Towers after checking out so I could attend a conference during the day at nearby Auckland Hospital within walking distance. Newmarket shopping and dining is only a short distance away also and City Towers is very easy to find coming off the Southern Motorway. I liked the idea of there being a washing machine in the apartment and if I was staying longer, I would have used this facility (unlikely to do so when the only choice is use of a communal laundry).
I would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
timaru
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Bathroom needs repairs and updating broken tiles.The flush on the toilet also very dodgy. The pillows provided almost like waifers. Some staining on covers.The sofa and chairs very uncomfortable. However quiet for the centre of Auckland. If you are going to the hospital it is possible to pay a little more and be closer and in much better accomodation. As someone recovering from treatment I would not describe it as a home away from home it is quite missleading.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tinaTimaru
CityTowers, Manager at City Towers, responded to this review, 17 October 2011
All pillows have now been upgraded with positive reports. We are now using a new dry cleaning company that delivers much more effective results than the previous one used.

Units have received various improvements throughout this year and we are receiving good feedback from this. Being in a quiet location and a 12minute walk to the Auckland Hospital we believe City Towers is an ideal place for those recovering from treatment.