“Fascinating if you're interested in astronomy” 4 of 5 bubbles

Stardome & the Auckland Observatory
Ranked #49 of 255 things to do in Auckland
Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fascinating if you're interested in astronomy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2009

I've always been interested in astronomy and think planetariums, observatories, are amazing. The displays weren't that amazing though, I reckon that could be improved or made more interactive.
The shows were great. It was in a cinema like setting with reclining chairs so you feel like you're staring at the night sky. I got to see the stars in the southern hemisphere. The guide also explained about all the constellations and ways to identify the important stars, how to find directions which I thought was quite interesting.
After that was a slide show, which I also thought was well presented and informative. Then you can head outside where the telescopes are and the guides let you see interesting objects in the sky, and can explain any other questions you have.
The guide also mentioned that the best time to visit would be during new moon, something about more stars are visible if I remember correctly.
Overall I thought it was a great experience, for the short time and money I spent, and I would go again if more shows or other interesting events occur which can be observed here.

1 Thank sphnxdot