“Always great and always quirky”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ironique

Ironique
Ranked #196 of 2,235 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand, European
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Auckland, New Zealand
“Always great and always quirky”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

Love popping in to Ironique in Mt Eden. The food is always quick and good (the pesto mushrooms are to die for) and the restaurant itself is nice and quirky. It just keeps on going back and back till you come to the lovely sunny courtyard. There is plenty to choose from and some nice cabinet food. A great little suburban cafe.

Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Never disappoints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I have been to this restaurat 4 times this year and I have never been disappointed with the meals I have got! I have had different things every time and loved them every time, especially the lamb! They had fanastic service when I asked to have mash instead of rosti's with my meal and that was no problem and the lamb was easily the best meal I've ever eaten out, and I eat out a lot! Would highly recommend, outdoor area is really nice with a some what tuscany feel to the outdoors.

• Visited May 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Walk past their neighbours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

My wife and I had a beautiful dinner here. The service , ambience and food quality was of a very high standard. We walked past lots of other restaurants in the area whilst making a decision about where to eat and we're glad we dscided on Ironique

• Visited June 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Excellent hospitality, lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

We had booked ahead so were seated promptly. We opted to change tables which the waitress had no problem with. After she took our orders she came back to mention that a booking of 10 beside our table was due soon and whether we wanted to move. We thought that was very considerate of her as it would be very noisy. She told us we were her first priority as we were there first, so we opted to move. Nothing was a problem for her and we really appreciated this personal service. Our meals of lamb shank and lamb loin were hearty and delicious, and came out promptly. We could see from our table into the kitchen that the chef ran a tight, efficient ship. It was full house and yet the meals came out promptly and the team all worked very well together. Before we left, we complimented the chef on his food and running of his kitchen, which he thanked us for. It was impressive to see a job done well. We even joked with him that it was like watching a live cooking show!
The heat pump made it for a warm cosy place to dine on a cold winters night.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

This place is incredible. Their food is so good, I always have their chicken burger which is delicious while my man always raves about their Thai Beef Salad.
They possibly have the best iced chocolates EVER. No joke. IT's AMAZING. The courtyard is lovely on warm days as well!

• Visited January 2013