“mouldy toast!”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 March 2014

A group of 6 adults went there for Sunday morning breakfast when staying over night in the city. We found the menu to be fine. My husband ordered the big breakfast (as blokes do!) and found that his toast was mouldy - they replaced it! I ordered sliced tomato and avo with toast - pretty simple really... the tomatoes look lovely BUT they were part cooked and still on the vine - very hard to slice and serve on my 2 tiny pieces of ciabatta toast. Would return for coffee.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

This place is popular with both tourists and locals, the service is friendly and efficient and the food is freshly cooked and good quality.
The highlight for me was the muesli (granola) served with fresh fruit, yoghurt and honey... tasty, healthy and a huge portion, a perfect start to the day.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I decided breakfast would probably be delicious here. I thought a place like this would use fabulous fresh local ingredients. Wrong!!!! I ordered Spinach and Corn hot cakes with bacon and roasted tomato. I thought I would splurge on the fantastic NZ bacon of my childhood memories. What arrived was decidedly sad. The hot cake looked awful. It contained frozen spinach and canned corn. No fresh corn for goodness sake!!!! The bacon I imagined would have been sizzling and crispy, it had been in a Bain Marie for some time. On a positive note the roast tomatoes were fresh as was the greenery but only because I suspect they would not be so brazen as to put canned toast tomatoes on a plate. This with a large coffee cost me $21. Staggering cheek is what I say. Don't bother coming here to eat.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I come here regularly. The coffee is great and the food is superb. Very handy to my office when I am there. Excellent value.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I would liek to compliment the staff at Jones the Grocer in the Viaduct harbour, we had breakfast there recently when the 70.3 Ironman was on and the staff were helpful by moving tables outside so everyone could watch the race while having breakfast and or coffee. There was no pressure to move on and our group enjoyed a tasty cooked breakfast a a number of coffees.