“Absolutely terrible”
Review of The Rub

The Rub
More attraction details
Owner description: We are specialist drop-in health massage from 15 to 120 minutes for your head, neck, shoulder, back, legs, sciatica and reflexology foot spa. No appointment necessary, drop in after a hard day's shopping in the city or fashion stores of Newmarket and leave refreshed...
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I had a one hour massage tonight, when I booked I requested a female masseuse but got a male, there was no privacy, and I felt more stressed leaving than when I went in. The masseuse didn't cover my nickers at all with the modesty towel, beside the fact I felt a bit exposed, I was also freezing.
He had a somewhat unorthodox technique of slapping and bone cracking.

Don't waste your money, it's awful

TheRub3, Manager at The Rub, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2016

I'd like to apologize for your massage experience. We really encourage our customers to let us know at the time if they are not happy so that we can find them another therapist that better suits them. Great also if they can let us know if the towel is not right for them as its difficult to position the towel once a customer has left the store. We absolutely have no masseuse that employs techniques of "slapping and bone cracking" Thanks....

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Absolutely great ,
Out of the 10-15 times I have been there I have only one bad massage. And that was because it was 7 at night probably tired after a long day.
By the what the curtains aren't see through and they were very polite .
I do not expect them to introduce themselves every time, to every customer .
And if you had a medical condition tell them first.
I have an excellent time every time I go there and highly recommend it
So shut it you old bag face because I would like to see you try

Reviewed 14 March 2013

The only saving grace from this unfortunately experience was that I have booked for just 30 minutes and not the full hour like my friend had.

The venue itself was very clean, spacious, stylish and quiet. After a 20 minute wait I was lead to a cubicle for a 30 minute neck, shoulder and scalp massage. I had a therapist arrive who did not introduce themselves and started what felt like a rub and flick session. I have to remind he when she started on my legs that I was there for a neck, scalp and shoulder massage. To add insult to injury the therapist started pinching my right shoulder and using a one arm technique - this is because they were looking out of the curtains surrounding the cubicle.

PS: The curtains surrounding the cubicle are see through...

TheRub3, Owner at The Rub, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

I'd like to apologize for your massage experience and offer you a comp - please contact us via our website.
Massage is a subjective experience and we really encourage our customers to let us know at the time if they are not happy so that we can find them another therapist that better suits them.
We have 8 staff offering a range of massages so we are confident we can find one to meet your needs.
On a busy day we may have 50-70 customer visits, most of these are drop-in and around half come back to us again.
We work hard to make sure we maintain great quality and its very important to us that our customers are happy.
We have since upgraded our curtains to make them non-see-through and provide our customers with more privacy.