“Delicious burgers”

Cuisines: Fast food
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We went on a recommendation from someone who knew the burgers of New Zealand well. Also the fact that they offered a gluten free bun meant that I could bring my friend along.
The first time we went I had Big Bird. I felt it was alright, I mean it was good but I had expected better from what we'd been told. The service was great and they were really friendly though.
We decided to give it another go on my friend's last night in New Zealand, in case it had just not been up to scratch the first time. This time I had a Babe. It was delicious! I was very glad we gave it another shot! Much better second time around! The chips (skinnies) were also really good, crispy on the outside and soft in the middle.
I guess they might have just had a bad night the first time we went (which happens) but the atmosphere was so good that we did go back the second time, I'm glad we did!

There are newer reviews for Velvet Burger

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Had the Velvet burger and a Moa beer. Very fast service and fresh ingredients. The Moa beer is very tasty!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Tried both the Velvet Lady and the Velvet Burger...both were excellent and I'd happily go back again. They'll mix and match the ingredients however you want.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Very tasty burgers & fries !
Are out side as it was a nice evening. My main issue was the rubbish and packaging that had collected on the ground around the tables.

They've a challenge for one of their burgers. You've to record yourself and upload it to YouTube to enter

Reviewed 10 April 2014

But it was very very average. Expensive and the menu made it sound Gourmet. In reality a rather down market bun with a measly pattie and a bunch of quite nice it must be said, salad, We walked about 1KM to get to the place and would not do so again.