- Really small twin sharing room with hardly any space to fit 2 suitcases and 2 adults. We kept bumping into each other. There was only a tiny side table sandwiched between the 2 beds which could hardly fit anything. Granted that space is expensive in the CBD, it shouldn't be compromised at the expense of the guests' comfort. We only stayed for a night and went to another hotel 2 weeks after our trip to the South island. It was spacious, about the same price as this hotel and only less than 500m from Sky Tower as advertised.
- The toilet flush is not very strong and hence, you need to flush several times to get the toilet paper down.
- No aircond or fan. Would recommend staying here only during the winter as there is a heater. Thankfully, it was below 15 C degrees when we were there and the tiny opening of the window allowed the cold wind inside the room. Otherwise, it would be like sauna.
- Nothing aesthetically pleasant about the rooms. The colour scheme is gloomy and looks more like one of rooms which i used to stay back in college. The corridor outside is dreary and gloomy too.
- Not exactly very near places like the Sky Tower or the pier. We had to walk a good 20 minutes to get to the Sky Tower and it was torturing walking uphill back to the hotel after that in the heavy rain. We were told by the hotel staff that it was only a 10 minute walk. Maybe she should have told us that we were supposed to run / jog instead of a leisure walk.
- We had a rented car and so we had to pay for a parking space at the hotel. We drove out for dinner and when we were back, we discovered that our space had been parked by another car. The car eventually left but it had caused extreme difficulties for us to first, drive into the teeny weeny parking space to discover another car at our space and secondly, drive our rented 8-seater to the side to wait for the car to drive out and lastly, to manoeuvre our car into our supposed space. The hotel could have put a cone or other indicator at our PAID space so that other cars would not parked there.
- Clean rooms. This is the only reason why I am rating it 3.
Would I stay there again ? No
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort and quality in the heart of Auckland City Centre. Located off Auckland’s iconic Upper Queen Street, Ascotia off Queen is perfectly positioned to maximise the "Auckland Experience." Within short walking distance to Sky Tower, Theatres and the renowned Karangahape Road, Ascotia off Queen is perfectly positioned in the heart of New Zealand’s largest City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Ascotia off Queen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ascotia Off Queen Auckland, New Zealand