Ascotia off Queen
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$186
US$265
US$242
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Cordis, Auckland by Langham Hospitality Group(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$106
  • Restaurant
Rydges Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$123
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$118
  • Fitness centre
  • Free Internet
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$83
US$221
US$212
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$132
  • Room Service
SKYCITY Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$152
US$140
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsk roadmyers parksky towerbudget accommodationbooked this hotelbus stopcouple of nightsthe heart of the citywaterfront
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I chose (executive room), no desk for your laptop and documents, the name is phony!!! The staff, the location, and the interior are very nice, but the walls are very thin, just imagine what you would hear if some couple are having (fun) time! I felt this is like live blue movie!!!
if someone opens the door strongly that you would also hear that!
Still good for the budget.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mazen A
Rishi C, General Manager at Ascotia off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear MazenA:
Thank you for your feedback about the hotel highlighting the importance of affordability. Leaving wall thickness and other structural design of the building to professional engineers and architects, we are striving to offer value for money to all our guests. Centrally located in the hub of everything, almost on Queen Street, where is just at stone's throw. Airport shuttle and city bus stop just twenty yards away.

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here multiple times and never had a problem this was not a good experience this time though. I would of just not bothered to review this time if the management had emailed me like I requested to follow up the feeback i left but no one has so due to that fact I will voice my opinion on here.

On the first day I was there I had no water at all having a shower was impossible ringing reception to tell them I got told various methods to get hot water but none worked. I was then told this would be fixed by tomorrow but It wasn't.

The next day I was able to move rooms but the water pressure was so bad it was like a leaky hose in the shower. Water dribbling out.

The staff admitted to me that there were major water pressure problems in the hotel and it was obviously true. That should be told to me before I book because that is a fundamental basic hotel service that isn't working. I am not getting what I payed for. This wasted two hours of my time dealing with this. I have stayed in hotels all over the world and the fact is they have better showers in backpackers.

If someone would actually like to email me like I requested we can discuss it. I find the fact no one has got back to me two weeks after I stayed extremely poor customer service.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank joshnz44444
Rishi C, Owner at Ascotia off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Joshnz44444:
I can understand your situation and the frustration of low water pressure in the hotel. Please bear with us for just a week or so. The problem appears to be acute in some rooms and not in all rooms. However I thank for your candid comments. Will soon get over this.

For all readers: Without beating about the bush, the low pressure of water has developed recently and I have been dealing with this awkward situation for some weeks now. Three giant companies have checked and given quotes. But no guarantees have come even after quoting 200K. Through this tripadvisor I would like to call upon some smart plumbing guy who can do some clever thinking to minimise time and cost.

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

As a solo traveller, location and safety of the hotel/apartment/hostel are very important. I would say Ascotia off Queen meets both the criteria. The hotel is located 5 minutes away from K Road and main area of Auckland CBD, it is most convenient to access the best restaurants and most fancy shops in Auckland. Furthermore, the excellent service provided by the hotel staff is another strong point that attracts me and makes me want to go back again. Despite the fact that the size of room is not big, I am still satisfied with the price I paid to stay in this well managed hotel. Let's not forget the cafe located at the ground floor, if you need a quick bite and does not want to go too far, this is the place to go to. Well done Ascotia!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jim W
Rishi C, Owner at Ascotia off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear JimW:
I am overwhelmed with your comments. I simply wait for your next visit so that my team can look after you once again and make your stay memorable.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I booked a King room at the Ascotis off Queen after previously staying in a very small and awkwardly shaped twin. My room had a nice large freshly fitted bathroom and a lovely desk with a quality leather reclining chair. Room cleaning was excellent. Staff had significantly improved the level of customer service. Hotel in my opinion is doing great. Noticed the same chain has opened up another hotel right next door which is four star - think I'll check that out next time. Hotel is great location for local Korean area, K Road and the the gay scene. Had an amazing time and can't wait for my next visit.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Craigdickson85
Rishi C, General Manager at Ascotia off Queen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Craigdickson85:
Thank you for your excellent feedback. Yes VR Group has recently opened more hotels in NZ, Australia and USA. Management and our various Hotel Teams strive to achieve excellent feedback from our guests and our motive is to provide the best service.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

A comfortable stay. Close to several cafes and a shopping strip. five-ten minute walk to downtown Auckland. This is down a steep hill which is no trouble for those who are fit. The elderly would struggle. Airport bus drops off right near the hotel and the stop to return to the airport is just across Queen St.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear esile1:
Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. City Link Bus is the easy option for those who do not wish to walk uphill. The hotel location is within walking distance of everything like Town Hall, Myers Park, Aotea Square, IMax Theatre, Civic Theatre, University Campus, Sky Tower, Casino, Waterfront Cafes and eateries, Ferry Terminal, Britomart, Viaduct Restaurants and Victoria Market. The Airport shuttle is just steps away from Hotel on Queen Street.