Ascotia off Queen
US$221
US$116
US$92
  • Bar/Lounge
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$119
  • Fitness centre
  • Free Internet
VR Auckland City(Auckland Central)
US$101
US$84
  • Breakfast included
US$198
US$147
  • Restaurant
Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$91
US$78
  • Restaurant
Stamford Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$191
US$166
  • Restaurant
All reviewsk roadmyers parksky towerbudget accommodationbooked this hotelbus stopcouple of nightsthe heart of the citywaterfront
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Just a quick review as I realised I forgot at the time. Stayed here at the beginning of 2014, and was pleased I did. The room although tiny , probably best for single occupancy, it was fully equipped with all I needed in the way of tea.coffee facilities etc, comfortable bed, modern decor, quiet, and the room plus bathroom were spotlessly clean. I also got room service from their own restaurant and had a gorgeous Indian meal. The price was good, the airport shuttle bus stops almost right outside ( tell the driver you are staying there and he will stop) and it is right in the heart of the city for easy walking access to everything. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We just needed a cheap, clean room to stay in after a late night flight in. Room was small, but clean & adequate. Could hear people in other rooms, but because we were so tired, it didn't affect us too much. Wouldn't stay here for a long term stay.
I would say it's a flash back packer style hotel.
They have limited car parking, which they charge $25 for, but you can park in the Wilsons car park across Queen St, for $10, for 12 hours, very short walk 3 minute walk.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hokimai
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed in for one night.

The bedroom was fine. Good size and clean.

However it was nightmare.

So noisy. You can hear everything that is happening in other bedroom : conversation, showers, tv and more... EVERYTHING.

We mentioned it in the morning but nothing was really said.

It wasn't just us !!! On our way down, in the lift an other guest said he didn't sleep because of the noise of the bedroom next to him.

WONT GO AGAIN.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Muteen2
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice & tidy it's not very big but it's convient & it's no more than 10mins from everything..very good friendly staff Very nice & tidy it's not very big but it's convient & it's no more than 10mins from everything..very good friendly staff

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The worst stay at a hotel I have ever had. We ordered a king room with city views and free wifi. The wifi didnt get mentioned, the 'king' was 2 singles pressed together. The shower had no hot water, unless you turned on the basin, and waited 5mins. Even so this is a picture of the water preasure on full blast.The shower was just a shower hose next to the toilet, there wasnt even any shower doors or anything. It was just the shower hose, and a hole in the ground so the whole bathroom flooded when i tried to get the shower working.. It was also really noisy and the service was completely amateur. I had to call up there help desk multiple times to get some service. He sent someone up who checked the shower and apoligized without doing anything as he said they would need a plumber but couldnt get one today, then i called up the front desk wanting a room change to which they said they would get back to me. They never did, i had to call again and ask again. Finally they moved us into a queen room, which admittedly was better then the first (the shower actually worked), but the bed was a queen when we had paid for a king, and it shouldn't have taken that long for them to sort their stuff out. Nor should I have been the one to tell them that a room without a shower is not worth what i Paid for. In fact neither the first room nor the second room we moved into was worth what we paid. The guy who took me to our new room didn't seem to fully understand the problem and thought I was just being fussy. But who can actually shower under THAT? Would totally not recommend. How anyone could give them a rating over 2 stars I have no idea. I would have been better off spending another night at my mums friends house. Never stay at Ascotia Off Queen Hotel.

And then to add insult to injury they have HIDDEN MY REVIEW on their page, no comments, it is hidden.

Room Tip: Best tip to get a good room? Look at another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple