“Entertaining and different”

Odyssey Sensory Maze
Ranked #74 of 269 things to do in Auckland
More attraction details
Owner description: Odyssey Sensory Maze is Auckland’s newest tourist attraction situated right in the heart of Auckland CBD. Odyssey will send you on a journey that will invigorate, indulge and challenge your senses as you travel through 13 different zones with special lighting effects, illusions, unusual sounds and darker challenging spaces.Odyssey is a mind-blowing journey that will leave you wondering how it is all possible and if you are perhaps in another world.
Stockholm, Sweden
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Entertaining and different”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I and my six year old son had a great time in the Odyssey - varying and entertaining. Stop for a while and take time to experience each zone.

Hi Anders E,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your feedback.

We are really pleased to hear that you and your son enjoyed the Odyssey experience!

As some younger children find Odyssey a little daunting due to the darker areas, I'm especially pleased that your son enjoyed it and it goes to show although we don't recommend it for those children under the age of 8 years, whether or not they will find it scary is very much child dependent.

We are also glad to hear you would advise others to take their time through, as do we. It's a unique journey through and one that shouldn't be rushed as then you allow yourself plenty of time to soak up the atmosphere and invigoration that Odyssey provides!

Again, we are so pleased you enjoyed yourselves and we do hope that we see you again soon :-)

Mosman, Australia
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Different!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Great surprise as we were just wandering around the Queen st. We came across this place and was very entertaining.

Visited April 2014
Hi IcyApple,

It's our aim here at Odyssey to send you on a unique journey that takes you out of everyday life that challenges and invigorates your senses! So we are glad to hear that you found the experience entertaining and different!

We hope that we see you again in the not too distant future :-)

Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review.

Christchurch, New Zealand
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Trippy stuff!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

came here on a whim and was not disappointed!
very cheap for some awesome fun
I definitely recommend doing it in groups as if you're doing it by yourself it might get a bit hard haha
also just be aware that one part is PITCH black so don't do it if this freaks you out!
worth a go!!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank a_little_asian
Dear a_little_asian,

It's our aim to provide a unique and wonderful journey that takes you out of everyday life and invigorates and challenges all your senses along the way! So we are so thrilled that you enjoyed your Odyssey experience and that you felt it was worth the money.

I see you are based in Christchurch and would love to take this opportunity to let you know (if you don't already) that our second maze has opened up in Queenstown and being nearer to you, you might be keen to check this one out to!

Again, we are so glad you enjoyed your time at Odyssey and we look forward to seeing you again
soon :-)

Queenstown, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“AMAZING EXPERIENCE & SO MUCH FUN”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I went to the new Odyssey maze in Queenstown. It beat all my expectations, it was an amazing journey through all the different sections. I can see why it is called a 'SENSORY' maze, some sections where all out fun and others just really messed with my mind and were visually very impressive. I spent over 30 minutes soaking it up, fumbling around and getting a little bit lost. Had a great laugh, well worth it. I want to do it again!!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Sb0i
Hi Sb0i,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We greatly appreciate your feedback.

We are so thrilled that you enjoyed our maze in Queenstown and that it beat all expectations!

Again, we are so glad you enjoyed your time at Odyssey and we can't wait to see you again
soon :-)

It's
Melbourne, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Meh”
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Don't want to slam the place but I do think I would have still been disappointed if it was $5 let alone $19. The dark room was the best for me as it was actually scary but other than that I really didn't feel challenged and I tried to take my time and still was out in about 7 mins. I would give it a miss. Might be good for groups or people with kids (don't know how they would go in the dark room though)

2 Thank marnie h
Michelle J, Owner at Odyssey Sensory Maze, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to hear that you weren't thrilled with your Odyssey experience.

You mention it took you around 7 minutes to complete the maze which is a lot quicker than the majority of our customers who usually take between 15-25 minutes to complete it.

Your comments regarding price also differs from what most of our customers say. Odyssey is a unique attraction with one of a kind illusions that you won't experience anywhere else and one where no time limit is enforced so that you are free to enjoy it at a relaxed and leisurely pace.
Our pricing is set to reflect the experience you receive rather than the time it takes you to compete it, as this does differ slightly from person to person or group to group. Having said that, we are continually looking for ways to enhance and lengthen the experience.

Again, thank you for your feedback and like all feedback, it is most definitely taken on board.