“My Experience 10/10”

US$13.95*
and up
Odyssey Sensory Maze Entry Auckland
More attraction details
Owner description: Odyssey Sensory Maze is Auckland’s newest tourist attraction situated right in the heart of Auckland CBD. Odyssey will send you on a journey that will invigorate, indulge and challenge your senses as you travel through 13 different zones with special lighting effects, illusions, unusual sounds and darker challenging spaces.Odyssey is a mind-blowing journey that will leave you wondering how it is all possible and if you are perhaps in another world.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The first time i entered Odyssey i was speechless, Each room is unique and it is constantly changing! I have Been through the maze a total of 23 times now each time bringing someone along who has not been so they can enjoy it as well. I look forward to updates in the maze and as i said it changes regularly throughout the year so it always keeps me on my toes and i never know what to expect. I even took my best friends older mother through ( who was not expecting anything great) she came out laughing and acting like she was a teenager again. You can make your way through the maze fast or you could enjoy each room to the fullest i insist on staying in each room enjoying myself for no less than 5 - 10 minutes. Time can fly when your having fun, Love the ball pit it is the best!!

CMGrundy, Administrator at Odyssey Sensory Maze, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Hi KrisGubb,

Thanks for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your feedback.

Wow, 23 visits! I'm so glad to hear that you love the Odyssey experience. We like to update the maze to keep it interesting, especially for our repeat customers like yourself who can't get enough. It's great that your friend's mother had fun, as Odyssey is certainly something that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. We love to hear of people taking their time in the maze, as that is the best way to make the most of the experience.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I had a similar experience to a user that posted in June. I was a bit wary about entering the maze but was reassured it would be fine. Upon reaching the jungle and not being able to find the next way out I began to panic, my boyfriend attempted to locate the exit but we kept hitting walls. At this point I was experiencing a major panic attack, much like the previous user I was distressed that there was no panic button and only a fire exit which my boyfriend had to force open, we were then stuck in the staircase with no exit for a further 15 minutes. The most upsetting part of the experience was the complete disrespect I received from the staff, the lady must have been watching on a camera because when we finally made it out she looked at me (at this point I was already embarrassed that as an adult I had gotten so petrified) the woman did not care at all and started laughing and saying 'if you just kept going like you were meant to you would have been out of the dark room', this made me terribly upset and extremely angry. It is in no way acceptable to laugh at someone in such a distressed situation, not to mention if she did see us on CTV she made no effort to find us nor did she ask if I was
alright. I have had anxiety problems most of my life and have never felt so disrespected. I am appalled that she thought it would be okay to laugh about this. It would be completely inappropriate to laugh at someone with a physical disability, so why would it be okay for her to laugh at someone who has just suffered a severe panic attack? I would suggest that the staff be more sensitive and respectful. I understand that some people are more prone to anxiety and perhaps shouldn't do the maze, however, it wouldn't take much of an effort to post a sign or warn customers that people who suffer anxiety or panic disorder should consider not completing the maze, or having some form of panic button that would allow lights to come on or a clear exit to be illuminated. I am visiting New Zealand from Australia and this has been the most disappointing waste of my time. Had it not been for being laughed at and humiliated by your staff member I would have accepted that I should have known not to enter the maze as it may be quite frightening. However, the fact that there was no way out and when we finally did get out to be laughed at and not offered any support and instead I received a sarcastic comment was utterly disappointing. I would not recommend for anyone to visit after the customer service I received. I can only imagine how much more this would anger me if I had of been there with a young child. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in NZ up until this point and completely regret wasting my time and money only to be insulted.

I definitely suggest some form of panic button and perhaps better education to staff about how to deal with these situations, because I know I wouldn't be the first or last person to have this experience.

5  Thank Kd2192
Michelle J, Owner at Odyssey Sensory Maze, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Hi Kd2192,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

I am very sorry to hear that your maze experience was not a pleasant one.

As one of the owners of Odyssey, I am very disappointed to hear that the supervision and service that you received was of a poor standard and I want you to know that this does not happen often at all but will be taken very, very seriously. We have a zero tolerance policy for poor customer service and therefore we want to address this as a matter of priority.

All of our staff are trained to supervise every step of your Odyssey journey and to understand and ensure customer comfort and that it comes before anything else. It saddens me that this was not at all demonstrated to you.

We would like to take the appropriate action with this staff member to ensure this does not happen again but would need your help in identifying who it was that served you. If you could be so kind as to email me at info@odysseysensorymaze.co.nz and attention it to myself, we can take it from there so to ensure this does not happen to anyone else moving forward.

I hope to hear from you with further details of the time and date of your visit so that I can address this with the identified staff member ASAP.

I cannot apologise enough for the unpleasant experience and I hope to hear from you.

Kind Regards,
Michelle

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Good fun and something worth to try when you have spare time. We went there last night. It closes at 10pm, so it is a good place to kill time after dinner when you are not tight with time. It normally takes 20mins to get through, but you are allowed to stay as long as you like in your fancy part of the maze. Although you may not be able to get back when the door shuts behind you.

Hi Sue C,

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your Odyssey experience! Our aim is to deliver a unique journey that takes you through different worlds, which are new, invigorating, challenging, stimulating for your senses and just downright fun! So, we could not be more pleased that we have delivered just that and your experience was an enjoyable one!

The staff are trained to make sure customers understand that once they go through a door they cannot come back that way, so we encourage people to take their time in the parts of the maze they enjoy. I'm glad you took your time when you went through.

Thanks again for reviewing us :) We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Went to the Maze with my mom and girlfriend and we just had a blast. My mom is 50 years old and still loved it. It is pretty fun for most ages. Totally recommend it.

Hi ulissesd2014,

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us! Our aim is to deliver a unique journey that takes you through different worlds, which are new, invigorating, challenging, stimulating for your senses and just downright fun! So, we could not be more pleased that we have delivered just that and your experience was an enjoyable and memorable one!

It's great to hear that your mum enjoyed herself as well! The maze is definitely something that can be enjoyed by people of all ages, so we are always pleased to hear feedback from customers that reflects this.

Thanks again for taking the time to review us. We look forward to seeing you at Odyssey again in the future!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

A great time killer if you take your time through the various mazes. If you rush, it could be over in 15 mins, so it is worth making sure that you give each room time.
My 7 year old loved it. The dark room is pitch black and you have to feel your way around; it's easy to go around in circles...as we did! The ball pit is fantastic and the mirror maze hilarious.
I'd certainly recommend this to families with younger kids.

1  Thank Neil C
Michelle J, Owner at Odyssey Sensory Maze, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Hi Neil C,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your feedback.

We are glad to hear that you guys enjoyed your Odyssey experience! Our aim is to deliver a unique journey that takes you through different worlds, which are new, invigorating, challenging, stimulating for your senses and just downright fun! So, we could not be more pleased that we have delivered just that and your experience was an enjoyable one!

We couldn't agree more about taking your time. There's absolutely no time limit in the maze and we to encourage all customers to take their time going through as the most is obtained from the experience if you do so.

Thank you again for leaving us your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again sometime! :-)

Kind Regards,