“Great experience - give it a go!”

Fly A Jet - Flight Simulator
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Located right in the heart of Auckland City, FLY A JET is a flight simulator company providing entertainment for aviation enthusiasts as well as pilot training for future airline pilots. We also cater to corporate events with our in house function venue. Whether you are a budding pilot or have never been in a plane, the FLY A JET simulator is as close to flying the real thing as you will ever get.
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The Boeing 737-800 simulator was such a fantastic experience! I did. A world flight and flew from Frankfurt to London, and following this flew around New York. You can choose to fly anywhere in the world that you wish!

Whether you have a little experience or absolutely none, this is suitable for you. The instructor (I got Roy) was very friendly and helpful and the briefing covers all of the basics of flight which you need to know. I learnt a lot and thoroughly enjoyed the experience - I will be returning!

2  Thank Matt G
"graphic"
"session"
"soaring"

Reviewed 15 June 2013

I had such a great experience at FLYAJET. I did the City Flight and flew around London city. The experience was so real I came away having a much better appreciation of what pilots see and do at the pointy end. Fabulous I'll do this again, and thanks Alister for great instruction.

2  Thank Peter C
Reviewed 12 June 2013

My partner gave this experience to me for my birthday. I'm a professional airline passenger but have never been in the pointy end.
What a great experience it was! Good briefing beforehand and an excellent instructor (Roy). Just great to sit in the Captain's seat and fly an almost real plane complete with outside views of the airport, Auckland and the instructor handling all the radio traffic and setting up the Flight Director Computer. Everything is exactly the same as a real Boeing 737-800.
What a blast feeling the reactions of the plane to the controls. The time passed all too quick with taxi, takeoff, fly round the sky tower, touch 'n go at Whenuapai Airport and finally landing at Auckland Airport. Talk about concentration, if you are not familiar with flight controls you really have to work. However, I can see that next time I'll have a better appreciation of how the plane reacts to the controls.
Roy complimented me on my flying skills (I don't think i was that good, but hey, who turns down compliments!) and i was presented with certificate, photo and DVD of my flight.
If you want to give your partner an experience that they will remember for the rest of their lives, i can thoroughly recommend flight experience. Great staff - took the time to chat and make sure we became part of the flying community.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Loved every minute of this. I chose the ultimate package as I wanted to make the most of my time in Auckland. Personally I think this is great value for money. Would have cost twice as much back home in Australia.

Peter was my instructor and he certainly knows his stuff. A very experienced, professional, and friendly person. My two hours of flying around was over in a blink which means I was thoroughly enjoying myself. The cockpit is all genuine from the seats forward which makes it that much better. We flew from Invercargill (I think) to land at Queenstown and had a touch and go at Wanaka which made things very tight as the airstrip is so short. Lastly, I tried the famous, but now defunct, Kai Tak airport in Hong Kong. What a challenge this must have been for first time pilots flying into this. Awesome.

If and when I'm back in Auckland - this will be at the top of my list of things to do. If this sort of thing interests you - I can't think of a better thing to do for a bit of mental fun.