“Absolutely terrible”

Ranked #68 of 2,271 Restaurants in Auckland
Price range: US$9 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We have chosen to present some of the more characteristic, yet legendary dishes from North India, especially the Punjab. Our preparation makes our food beautiful to behold and addictive to the palate.
Auckland, New Zealand
“Absolutely terrible”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

This meal was potentially the worst curry I've had.

I've from Indian restaurants probably 200-300 times, and these guys sell overpriced junk.

Curry and rice was so watery my plate was left looking like a swimming pool.

Chicken was cut into long strips to avoid showing the horrendous cuts they were using.

Madras didn't taste anything remotely like it should. The portion was tiny, and not worth what is probably the most expensive Indian takeaway in the city.

Overall, waste of money, bad meal, would have been better off having some curry powder in a glass of water

• Visited June 2014

Mansfield, UK
“True Indian food and good service ...”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My first time in Auckland and I needed to find a curry house. I found Little India on tripadvisor and was not disappointed.

A good traditional menu with excellent food. Well cooked and served, full of flavour!

If you like traditional Indian food then give this a try.

The restaurant is just off the beaten track and shares an entrance with the hotel next door ... but don't be put off the food is worth it.

• Visited May 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great meal - excellent service”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

You know you are going to have a good meal at Great India, and it is good value. Waiting staff very attentive.

Visited May 2014
New Plymouth, New Zealand
“ok food”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We love indian food and while I really enjoyed my lamb dish and found the pieces of meat melt in the mouth, my partner found his butter chicken quite tasteless so was not impressed, service just ok, no one asked how our meals were or if we wanted any more drinks, and it was not like the place was packed so overall just average

• Visited May 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I made multiple trips here this trip. Place is clean and has a decent feel. Food is good and the price isn't so bad for New Zealand, lamb rogan josh is $20.

Would recommend