“Great People, Great Bikes”
Review of Adventure Capital

US$145.44*
Auckland City Discovery Bike Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Adventure Capital is New Zealand's leading specialist outdoor recreation equipment hire business servicing the needs of travellers and the tourism industry since 2006. We also offer guided bike tours from our store in Auckland.With a range of camping, tramping and bike hire packages, we provide high quality hire equipment which has been designed and made for New Zealand's unique weather conditions. We provide expert advice to help adventure travellers choose the right equipment for their outdoor adventure holiday, from two person car camping kits to mountain bike kits that include helmet, locks and maps. We are the only company in New Zealand offering tourists the option to hire a wide range of outdoor gear for use throughout the country. Servicing both Auckland and Christchurch, we offer customers the convenience of one-way hire at no additional cost. We look forward to seeing you in-store one day soon!
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Myself and My partner rented bikes to do Waiheke Island by Bike. We collected the bike in early morning time, and collected our ferry tickets with the bikes. The collection was easy and effortless. The guy working there, I didnt catch his name was very helpful supplying maps and everything.
Anyway the trip didnt go according to plan, as I had a fall off my bike, Quiet a bad one. But the help we recieved when we returned the bikes the next day was unreal. More concerned about my safety than the bikes which is rare with companies like this one.
The bike was slightly damaged but that wasnt even a issue. We were given our bond back no questions asked.
Great company, great way to explore.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Myself and a friend recently took a two week camping trip to the South Island of New Zealand. We rented camping equipment from Adventure Capital and they did a wonderful job from beginning to end. They contacted us via email before we left for our trip to arrange for a free drop off of the equipment at the hostel where we stayed. We had a friendly representative who kept in constant communication with us via email who was flexible and quick to amend our reservation when we made last minute hotel changes. The camping equipment we ordered came with various items including one tent with a waterproof cover, two sleeping bags, two inflatable pillows, two inflatable sleeping pads, a small burner, small pots and pans, plates, cups, mugs and utensils. When it was time for them to pick up our equipment we just shot her an email and she arranged for someone to come pick it up. Our only complaint would be that the kitchen set didn't include bowls so it was a bit odd eating our morning cereal out of a cup ;) Otherwise, great customer service, reliable pick-up/drop-off, and quality equipment.

1  Thank happycustomer115
Reviewed 20 November 2013

By the heading I guess its obvious that this is going to be a positive review just like everyone before me. But before dismissing it as another boring review consider the following objective comments:
1. Great location in Auckland, 2. Flexible staff willing to open early to accommodate my itinerary, 3. Knowledgeable staff with time to show me the technical of my mountain bike, 4. Helpful in planning my itinerary including recommendations for places to visit on Waiheke, 5. Comfortable bike seat, 6. Good quality bike with no technical or maintenance issue at all, 7. Great weather ....well perhaps this was not their doing, 8. Great value! take the above notes and add a very competitive price. Don't even bother looking, rent from these guys. Period!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I rented a bike from Adventure Capital last weekend. $20 for the day. In simple terms great price, perfectly good bike for what I needed and very good service. Yes, one of my brakes did squeal a bit, but I intend going back again next weekend for another bike. Just remember you need a major credit card as a bond and the bike must be back by 5pm. I have no hesitation on recommending Adventure Capital.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I rented a tent, sleeping mat, sleeping bag, pillow and chair from Adventure Capital for pickup and drop off in Christchurch. Delivery and pickup was free which made a huge difference for me because timing was extremely tight. Everything was set up by email and their responses were very prompt. The gear performed flawlessly and I was delighted with it. The tent was easy to set up (I was on my own) but the instructions could have been a little better. That's my sole negative mark and was probably at least half my "fault" because it's decades since I've put up a tent! It rained during the night and the tent was indeed waterproof. I would happily deal with this company again and definitely recommend them.