“5 out of 5 for bike hire- Sam”
Review of Adventure Capital

and up
Auckland City Self Guided Bike tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Adventure Capital is New Zealand's leading specialist outdoor recreation equipment hire business servicing the needs of travellers and the tourism industry since 2006. We also offer guided bike tours from our store in Auckland.With a range of camping, tramping and bike hire packages, we provide high quality hire equipment which has been designed and made for New Zealand's unique weather conditions. We provide expert advice to help adventure travellers choose the right equipment for their outdoor adventure holiday, from two person car camping kits to mountain bike kits that include helmet, locks and maps. We are the only company in New Zealand offering tourists the option to hire a wide range of outdoor gear for use throughout the country. Servicing both Auckland and Christchurch, we offer customers the convenience of one-way hire at no additional cost. We look forward to seeing you in-store one day soon!
Reviewed 4 January 2014

If you are thinking of hiring a bike to cycle around Auckland, I would highly recommend you do this through Adventure Capital, based on my experience. I hired a bike for the day- at $20 per day, and there are many other options including half day or over night. I hired the bike during peak time, but was still given thorough customer service including tips on where to ride, what to avoid etc. These people obviously know their stuff. You'll be paying a lot more going elsewhere.

All reviews
"in great shape"
"easy service"
"st heliers bay"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend the tour"

Reviewed 16 December 2013

We were going to NZ and looking into renting camping equipment through Adventure Capital and at the last minute changed our minds because we ended up meeting up with friends who were there and had all the gear. Jacqui was great about communicating with us as we tried to plan our trip, understanding about our changed plans and always prompt with a reply.Would recommend them to friends planning to go. They seem like a great business offering a great service. Thanks for all the help.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Me and my friend went for camping @ South Island, New Zealand. This was the first time I was doing it in my life. Although it took a while for me to make my mind whether I should go for it or not coz I had no idea how's that gonna be. The first thing what came into my mind was how to rent a gear. I surfed across internet and made an inquired about the gear. These guys were simply awesome form the beginning of my journey till the end. I was fully loaded with everything whatever I thought of except the instruction how to pitch a tent. That was something with what I struggled for a while but was all sorted. I have hired the gear twice from them after that trip. They gave me all the maps, details about the camp sites, lanterns and everything i needed and could think off. This excellent customer service has forced me to share my experience @ Trip Advisor. Hats off to them .. Cheers and Keep Rockin Adventure Capital.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Myself and My partner rented bikes to do Waiheke Island by Bike. We collected the bike in early morning time, and collected our ferry tickets with the bikes. The collection was easy and effortless. The guy working there, I didnt catch his name was very helpful supplying maps and everything.
Anyway the trip didnt go according to plan, as I had a fall off my bike, Quiet a bad one. But the help we recieved when we returned the bikes the next day was unreal. More concerned about my safety than the bikes which is rare with companies like this one.
The bike was slightly damaged but that wasnt even a issue. We were given our bond back no questions asked.
Great company, great way to explore.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Myself and a friend recently took a two week camping trip to the South Island of New Zealand. We rented camping equipment from Adventure Capital and they did a wonderful job from beginning to end. They contacted us via email before we left for our trip to arrange for a free drop off of the equipment at the hostel where we stayed. We had a friendly representative who kept in constant communication with us via email who was flexible and quick to amend our reservation when we made last minute hotel changes. The camping equipment we ordered came with various items including one tent with a waterproof cover, two sleeping bags, two inflatable pillows, two inflatable sleeping pads, a small burner, small pots and pans, plates, cups, mugs and utensils. When it was time for them to pick up our equipment we just shot her an email and she arranged for someone to come pick it up. Our only complaint would be that the kitchen set didn't include bowls so it was a bit odd eating our morning cereal out of a cup ;) Otherwise, great customer service, reliable pick-up/drop-off, and quality equipment.

1  Thank happycustomer115