“Nice experience”

Cuisines: Malaysian
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice experience”
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Really good service with excellent course quality. Recommend hainannese chicken, laksa,Lo-bak, fried kui-tewa. But I don't recommend fried rice dishes.

Visited August 2013

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Authentic Malaysian Food”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I discovered Angie's a couple of years ago when I was helping my niece move into her halls of residence (O'Rouke) at the Auckland Uni. impressed with the quality and the authenticity of the food. Having being born and spent most of my early years in Malaysia, I knew that the food was very close to "the real thing..." My first impression on that first visit, however, was tainted by a very grumpy and abrupt service from the counter. Needless to say, despite the fabulous food, I was not persuaded to frequent this restaurant again.

Last month, I revisited this restaurant with my husband since we were in the vicinity. The food is still very good and although the prices are a bid on the high side, the portions are generous and well worth it. We were also pleasantly surprised by the improved quality of service from the owner it is a lot more pleasant. At this rate, Angies' is now on our list of recommended places to eat

• Visited March 2013
“Halal Malaysian Food”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My family love Asian foods and made an attempt to find several Asian restaurants in Auckland to pay our cravingness of Asian halal foods. We found this small restaurant among AUT buildings in front of AUT Design Studio and next to Auckland University student apartment. The owner is Chinese Malaysian family, so the menus are not only Malaysian laksa, satay or nasi lemak, but it also provides kwetiau noodle, which not every Malaysian restaurant has. The price is good but the portions are mostly big. It might be satisfied for university students. Quick service and all foods are delicious. Recently, we are become regular customer.

• Visited March 2013