“Something Different - in a good way!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Char Grill
Ranked #275 of 2,198 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Something Different - in a good way!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I am a sucker for kebabs and seeing the word 'Char Grill' on the window got me straight away. Unfortunately I had recently eaten a lot of junk food and was craving something a bit healthier (which is pretty hard at almost 10pm at night). My husband and I both shared in their kebab salads/ rice kebab salads which had both flavour and that healthy/ sort of factor. The staff were friendly, helpful and the restaurant had a lovely vibe which we would have dined in...but after a 6 hour drive i needed the comfort of a soft bed. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is in the Auckland area but after something quick and easy to eat.

Visited April 2014

Port Macquarie, Australia
“Hidden treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

We were staying at Waldord Celestioin Apartments and had walked by this little restaurant numerous times on our way into CBD. We found Auckland to be very expensive to eat out. We had been out all day and were looking for something to eat at a reasonable price so we headed once again from our hotel to the CBD. It was late and once again came to this little restaurant advertising out front this great deal of a meal with a drink for $10. What a great surprise. I had fish,chips & salad with glass of wine and my husband had a fishermans basket with a CORONA beer, FOR JUST $10 EACH!!!. Being late it was very quiet, a gentleman was at the pizza counter and a woman at bar. The meal was huge and absolutely delicious. What a find, shame it was our last night in Auckland!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Deale, Maryland
“Wonderful surprise beneath the Sky Tower”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Food in New Zealand is expensive for Americans. We were always looking for a deal. During on first day in Auckland, we stumbled upon this small eatery just catty corner from the Sky Tower. It is small and unpretentious, but the food was incredible. My husband ordered a hamburger, which turned out to be one of the largest and best he had ever had. My son and I stayed with the mediterrean grill plates, which were wonderful. We came back twice more before leaving Auckland! Great value, great food.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Value and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised by the amazing food and service I received at Char Grill. As a visitor to Auckland from Brisbane, I was on a look out for a great place to eat. Char Grill is conveniently located and presents a great menu at an affordable price. It was so good that I took my family there 3 times.

Visited December 2013
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Great pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

The Char Grill we went too was located at 111 Victoria Street. Had the Chicken Camebert Cranberry Pizza. They did not scrimp on the ingredients. If you like a great fire grill pizza this is the place. Noticed other dishes being delivered to patrons, they all were large portions, smelled and looked good.

Visited June 2013