In comparison with other Nomads Hostels I have stayed in this did not live up to the same usually consistent standards. Rooms were cramped and stuffy, carpets and bed linen were grubby. The general décor throughout looked tired and in need of a general overhaul.
The small (for a hostel of this size) top floor kitchen struggled to cope with the dinnertime peak time. However, the roof terrace provides good views out over the City and harbour.
Staff on reception often did not seem to be particularly helpful, and in some cases appeared clueless and not adequately trained.
On the plus side, the hostel has a really awesome bar attached (Fort Street Union) with deals for guests and has regular pool competitions organised by the hostel’s “Fun Guy” (by far the most enthusiastic member of staff) which are a great way of meeting people.
This hostel is fine for a stopover whilst traveling in or out of Auckland, but I would not recommend it for longer stays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Backpack in style at Nomads Auckland Backpackers Hostel. We're located in a beautiful historic building in downtown Auckland, near everything you need for your stay in this fantastic city. Come stay at our stylish, upmarket hostel in the central city, We have some female-only dorms as well as mixed dorms and private rooms! We have great facilities, with a friendly atmosphere and crew who will cater to your every whim. Our travel staff were hand-picked to ensure you will have a trip to remember!We're in an awesome downtown Auckland location, close to Vector Arena, Skytower, Viaduct Harbour, the train station and all the downtown shops - it's the perfect place to stay in Auckland. Our facilities include 24-hour reception, Global Gossip internet and Wi-Fi, and a rooftop kitchen with panoramic views of the city and harbour. We have free tea and coffee, free travel advice (no booking fees) and free 2-for-1 drinks vouchers at check-in. Hang out on our rooftop sundeck, communal kitchen or our lounge with Sky TV. Chill out in our free sauna and rooftop spa then head down to Fort Street Union Bar to meet travellers from all over the world. We put on free and cheap daily activities all around Auckland. FREE 30min WIFI each day. FREE Tea & Coffee FREE Sauna FREE Heated Spa FREE Travel advice (no booking fees) FREE/Cheap daily activities around Auckland ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Nomads Auckland Backpackers Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nomads Auckland Backpackers Hotel Auckland Central
- Nomads Auckland Backpackers Hostel New Zealand