My husband's 69 & I'm 64. We're from California, don't travel a lot & it seemed crazy to book an overnight in a youth hostel in Auckland. But the price was unbeatable, it's right downtown & it was great! Admittedly, we didn't hang around using the pool or the spa or watching TV: we wanted to see Auckland, not a hotel. Front desk kids were super friendly & helpful. Our 6th floor private room (ensuite - with bath) was surely not luxurious, but was clean & quiet & had windows that opened. Fresh air. What a treat! We could walk easily to all the downtown sites: Viaduct Harbor, High Street, Sky Tower, Albert Park, Britomart (the train station), etc. Nomads definitely added to our NZ adventure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Backpack in style at Nomads Auckland Backpackers Hostel. We're located in a beautiful historic building in downtown Auckland, near everything you need for your stay in this fantastic city. Come stay at our stylish, upmarket hostel in the central city, We have some female-only dorms as well as mixed dorms and private rooms! We have great facilities, with a friendly atmosphere and crew who will cater to your every whim. Our travel staff were hand-picked to ensure you will have a trip to remember!We're in an awesome downtown Auckland location, close to Vector Arena, Skytower, Viaduct Harbour, the train station and all the downtown shops - it's the perfect place to stay in Auckland. Our facilities include 24-hour reception, Global Gossip internet and Wi-Fi, and a rooftop kitchen with panoramic views of the city and harbour. We have free tea and coffee, free travel advice (no booking fees) and free 2-for-1 drinks vouchers at check-in. Hang out on our rooftop sundeck, communal kitchen or our lounge with Sky TV. Chill out in our free sauna and rooftop spa then head down to Fort Street Union Bar to meet travellers from all over the world. We put on free and cheap daily activities all around Auckland. FREE 30min WIFI each day. FREE Tea & Coffee FREE Sauna FREE Heated Spa FREE Travel advice (no booking fees) FREE/Cheap daily activities around Auckland ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Nomads Auckland Backpackers Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nomads Auckland Backpackers Hotel Auckland Central
- Nomads Auckland Backpackers Hostel New Zealand