“Not so good now”

Ranked #46 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
New Zealand
“Not so good now”
Reviewed 5 December 2007

We have stayed at this property in the past (2 years ago) and found it to be excellent, BUT this time our experience wasnt so good. The rooms are tired and carpets dirty and marks on the walls. The halls smell badly with spicey foods being cooked in the rooms. We also had the unfortunate experience of being locked out of the hotel as our key did not open the front doors. We were kept waiting there for some 20 mins while the duty manager found his way to the reception to let us in. Yes there was a problem with the key system but never a sorry just "whats your problem!!"
The rooms are cheap but we dont think good value and we would recommend that you pay the extra and stay somewhere else

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Quality and Service
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank yogiNewZealand

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed 19 July 2007

Stayed at the apartments as part of a work trip and it was just fine. The rooms are clean, the kitchen well set up and the price was very competitive; I would go so far as to say that it was the best value hotel I have stayed in.
Support from the desk is limited, but there is no problem with access to the apartments. I wonder what the rooms would be like in summer as there is no airconditioning and the windows are engulfed by the morning sun. Nice in winter and mild days of course and welcome in July because the room had limited heating.
The view from my 13th floor room was wonderful. If you can get high enough in the complex you will enjoy what you are able to see.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — Temperature control
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Mart G
Christchurch
Reviewed 6 March 2007

I found Cintra Quest to be a plesant surprise. I travel to Auckland every few months and enjoy changing my accommodation as its more fun that way and breaks the monotony of working too.

I found the staff to be very pleasant and while there may have been construction in 2005 it appears to be gone now. I would suggest if you are going to stay there to ask for a room above the 10th floor if possible as there is a great view then. I managed to get a great rate on line too and this really added to the value for money. I asked to see one and two bedroom apts as well and found that these were good...although the two bedroom was not really much bigger than the one bedroom (I only saw one version though).

Stayed January 2007
6 Thank Diana H
IRELAND
Reviewed 19 April 2005

I stayed in the cintra apartments only a week ago, the apartments are lovely with everything you need and the they are very central. We were not prepared for the noise that would wake us up at 6.30am every day. There are two construction sites outside this building and the noise is deafening even when the windows are closed. It was impossible to relax and not much of a holiday. My advise would be to stay away until the two buildings are built if you want to relaxing break.

9 Thank CORINAIreland

Travellers are raving about these Auckland hotels