“better then what we expected” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crown on Cintra Lane

Crown on Cintra Lane
Ranked #46 of 68 Hotels in Auckland
Manukau, New Zealand
“better then what we expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2011

after reading the reviews we were very worried to stay here but as our daughter was having major operation in starship ,we needed somewhere close so we were only a 2min drive away.initial thoughts and looks from arriving was dated and only a place to sleep,but as we checked in and went to our superior studio we were very happy.the room was a good size,shower pressure was amazing and everything we needed was there.the view of harbour and city was amazing aswell with the lil balcony.a good walk to hospital ,maybe 10mins and town is a good walk too,buses are close so you can grab 1 if your over walking.its a place to chill out after a big day ,shower,cook a meal,and sleep .$15 a night for guaranteed parking is ok ,if your in and out but its town so you pay anyway.we used company card so didnt pay but they were doing a great deal on the website 3nights for price of 2, $220 it would of been,plus parking extra so not bad for town.dont expect to much and you will be suprised,we were!talk to them when you book and they will try and help as much as they can.we got 17th floor room with view,by doing this and just asking.close to town,king bed,cheap, and clean.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kboosdad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2010

Very bad apartment so far. They should not get the Quest ratings and 4 star qualmark as it is more like a 1star accomodation.

1st: the check in was very weird. They told us to call the phone to speak with an operator to do the cheking in details. She even asked for credit card details through the phone- very dodgy!

2nd: Oven not working, kitchen fan not working, water kettle not clean.

3rd: Remote control not working.

4th: Couch was ripping off.

5th: Shower door had a massive gap, the tiles became slippery due to tht.

6th: the windows of the balcony was not clean.

PLEASE FIND OTHER ACCOMODATION IN AUCKLAND!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank ronnieronaldo

Travellers are raving about these Auckland hotels

Blenheim, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2010

This place is the absolute PITS!!!
I booked thru Travelbug and months in advance ... then suddenly (about the time U2 announced their Auckland tour dates) I get an email from Travelbug asking me if Id changed my date with the hotel.
I hadnt so contacted the hotel. They told me the Penthouse was not available. I contacted Travelbug who sorted it out with them (no doubt they were just trying to cash in on a preminum price for a concert go-er as the cheaper hotels filled up and they could charge higher prices whilst U2 were in town)
I had specifically booked what I thought was a preminum room as it was for a special occassion that we were coming to Auckland.
The room was hideous!!!! Absolutely nothing like the picture they showed on the website. In fact I would be surprised if that rooms was even located in that particular hotel.
The "penthouse" was a very tired and tatty room, poorly designed layout. There was not even enough space in the bedroom to put a suitcase, we had to keep our bags in the lounge. The shower door was so broken that my partner actually became trapped in the shower and I was almost having to call reception to ask for help. The nozzle also fell off in my hand when I touched it.
The over was not working and when I called reception was told that they dont know how to work it and there was nobody there who could come and sort it out.
The dining table still had crumbs and a LETTUCE leaf stuck to it when we checked in.
The whole place was just MANKY and we spent as little time in the room as possible.
I actually do not believe that we were even in a Penthouse room, there were several more floors above us with larger looking balconys, which in my opinion looked more like they would be the real "penthouse" rooms.
For the cost and poor service there were much better hotels to stay at in a better location.
Like I said earlier, it was a special occasion and the photos of the place certainly do not reflect the actual property. There is no way you could pay me to stay there again, just the worst place Ive stayed in for several years

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bluegum
Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

Good location, stayed in a studio apt, which was fine, had everything I needed and the small balcony was a plus. There were a few blown lightbulbs but otherwise it was clean enough and resonably maintained. Nothing remarkable about the property but paid very little so am quite content. A tip for booking on "wotif" - if you require carparking, you'll need to call the property to book it. The listing on wotif was misleading, informed of parking charges, but not that they needed to be pre-booked - no facility to do this on the site

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank MammaMia66
Dunedin, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2010

The staff were great to deal with in advance of my arrival and they were friendly each time I encountered them during my stay.
I appreciated the daily servicing and the toiletries were of a higher standard that you tend to see these days. Strange though how the shampoo, body lotion and shower caps were replaced daily but the soaps were not. By check-out I was down to a 2 mm wafer!
They supplied washing powder so I could do laundry in the washer in the bathroom. Unfortunately the previous occupant's underwear was still in it.
Had to shut the bathroom door and turn off the fridge to sleep as the plumbing and electrics were noisy The TV was ancient and had poor reception and only limited Sky channels - we domestic travellers always appreciate UK TV.
Not sure what sort of area this is - some of my fellow guests looked somewhat dodgy - but it was within walking distance to Queen St and several Asian eateries.
Not sure I'd return - it would depend on what other choices were available at the same rate at the time.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Casey2010x
NZ - Wellington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2010

Checked into a 1 bedroom penthouse. The room had a lovely view of the harbour but was cramped and tired looking. The bedroom was appaling, couldn't even walk around the bed without turning to the side, certainly not a penthouse. Requested a sofa bed prior for our 3rd guest, not there. Spoke to Duty Manager and said disappointed with the room but he said thats all the best they had, he offered to cancel my booking?? how generous of him. They took over 2 hours to get it to us and delivered it when we were out and left it at the top of the stairs (immediately in the door was a small landing with study area, then stairs down to apartment, meaning someone (I guess me) had to move it down 2 flights of stairs and set it up. Requested someone to do this and they never came after another 2 hours. DId it myself in the end and damaged the wall. Returned to room next day to find they had billed me for the damage. On check out was told the manager would call me, never received call. Complained afterwards to hotel and Quest head office and received a letter from the manager of the property reading like it was written by someone with English as a second language. 50% off my next stay offered. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank cpw7975
ZURICH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2010

I stayed in that Hotel/Appartment for 2 months.

The rooms was not clean at all upon arrival and the weekly room service you get with the long stay rate doesen`t care that much about the cleanlyness of you room...

The sofa was full of dust, I had to sneaze all the time untli I cleaned that mess by my self

The rooms are very tired and the furniture is very poor.

An other negativ point is the location; well, it`s only a 10 minute walk to the city but the hotel is on a hill...So it`s no 10 min. walk, it`s rather a 10 minute montain climb...

The long-term rate is okay, but if you just there for a couple of day`s or a week it`s absolutely overpriced...there are a lot of hotels in the absolut citycenter who are offering same priced or even cheaper rooms....

My opinion: Avoid this place!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo