“Great bar, curious food”
Review of Xuxu Dumpling Bar

Xuxu Dumpling Bar
Ranked #69 of 2,403 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Xuxu Dumpling Bar (say "Su-su") is one of the city's small gems, a cosy table-service bar just across Commerce Street from its older sibling Cafe Hanoi. With it's deliciously, delicate, handmade dumplings, luscious cocktails and new and unusual wines, Xuxu Dumpling Bar is a little haven tucked away in the bustling Britomart precinct.
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Not sure how to rate this. The bar itself is quite intriguing with interesting decor. Unfortunately the cool jazz vibe was spoilt by the music being just a bit too loud for comfortable conversation. The crowd was a mixture of young and very middle aged. We came to eat (too long to wait for Hanoi across the street) and ordered 5 dishes of "Asian" tapas. The squid stuffed with pork was interesting but the pork lacked flavour, the lacy spring rolls unusual, dried beef was ok but unusual sweet flavour, the pork balls in lettuce leaf were a great idea but difficult to manage. Unfortunately the steamed shrimp dumplings were over done and sloppy with no Asian flavour. Not sure if I would recommend the food, but the atmosphere in the bar was really good. I now know what to do with tamarind that I have had in my fridge for ages - the Tamarind mule was a standout non-alcoholic drink - expensive for a glass of mainly ice but the flavour was fantastic - a great thirst quencher.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

This is one of my go to bars in Britomart especially since there are so many restaurants these days that don't accept bookings, I normally have a pre dinner and sometimes post dinner cocktail or wine here. I love Xuxu as its got a nice atmosphere, you can sit inside or out- feeling like your almost in a garden, great selection of drinks and the service is great. Good for a party of 2 or 10. Apparently they have live music sometimes, I have always seemed to miss it though. They have tapas, I haven't had the chance to try them yet. Do try the Lychee and Chilli cocktail

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We just had a few drinks before going to the restaurant. The sauvignon blanc and the gin and tonic were very nice. This bar is very pretty and we had a good chat with a staff member. We come back !

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Vietnamese Tapas - excellent.
We found Xuxu through Trip Advisor and were glad we went there.
All choices on the menu were enticing. We settled for 3 and ended up having 4 choices with a glass of wine and a cocktail for $70. The lime and chilli fish skewers were the highlight but that shouldn't detract from the marinated beef, the shrimp dumplings or the pork patties. Service was good too.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Small bar, nice atmosphere, although the small area meaning we had to sit in the "outside" area meant the many smokers that night made for an unpleasant pre dinner drink (but that is just my issue!!) Otherwise would visit again