“Something a Bit Different” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #169 of 2,200 Restaurants in Auckland
Price range: US$2 - US$14
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We make beautifully hand crafted deli food. If you are craving freshly baked bagels, Smoked cured brisket on sourdough rye, home cured maple and cherry smoked bacon, home made lox, home made cheese curds and poutine, we are the best place in Auckland for it. We are also the only establishment in New Zealand to serve Canadian beers.
Whangarei, New Zealand
“Something a Bit Different”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Loving American food and culture I was so excited to find Al's Deli!

Prices for food are great, bagels and sandwiches are cheap (although quite small, definitely get a side of their home-made fries, which are generously portioned and delicious!). Staff are friendly and onto it. Wait times for food were quite long though!

Drinks are very pricey, but their milkshakes were home-made and really tasty.

The decor is cute, retro and going along with an American diner theme, very nice!

I would come here again, it would be a great place to have a group of friends for lunch!

Hamilton, New Zealand
“Yum!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Went in here on a Sunday morning just after they had opened and they were just finishing making the Cronuts! My partner and I went there for breakfast, after deciding to give it a try after walking past the night before and just seeing "bagels" written on the window. What a good idea!
He had the eggs and brisket with an onion bagel and I had the avocado smash on sesame bagel with a side of bacon. Couldn't resist a root beer float and very well made coffee to go with it all.
So many flavours! Huge servings and so tasty!
The staff are super nice as well and I've never been to Canada but man, they eat well from what I can tell!
We got fresh cronuts to take away with us as we were so full from breakfast, best mid morning snack I think I've had.

Holt, Michigan
“Yummy handmade bagels.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

It was worth the walk (uphill) to eat the bagels at Al's. We were sick of eggs, so we were so pleased to find chewy, tasty bagels. (They also had very tempting donuts available, but we resisted!) I wish we had been in Auckland longer so that we could have gone back for more breakfasts and for lunch.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Wow! Just wow.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

After hearing the hype decided to pop in to visit Al's deli one Saturday afternoon. Ordered the homemade brisket sandwich and wow! Was not disappointed! The brisket has been made in store and just melts in the mouth. Combined with the freshly baked bread and perfect amount of mustard, it made for the perfect combination. Will def come back although next time I'm going try when busier. 3pm on a Saturday afternoon is a quiet time to visit. Be keen to see if the fast service is the same when busier (and gives me an excuse to come back :))

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great food, great cocktails, great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

While on a recent stay at the Langham hotel I descovered Al's Deli.
We went in for dinner and kicked it off with cocktails, why not?
We progressed on to amazing bagels and a large serving of poutine. With floor to celing windows it's a fantastic spot to watch the world go by. i'll be back for sure!