“Hangover Cuuure!”

Ranked #334 of 2,327 Restaurants in Auckland
Price range: US$2 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours
Description: We make beautifully hand crafted deli food. If you are craving freshly baked bagels, Smoked cured brisket on sourdough rye, home cured maple and cherry smoked bacon, home made lox, home made cheese curds and poutine, we are the best place in Auckland for it. We are also the only establishment in New Zealand to serve Canadian beers.
Auckland, New Zealand
“Hangover Cuuure!”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I'd seen Al's Deli on Facebook and had been aching to try it. I finally got there on Sunday after a pretty large night on the town and boy did that menu hit the spot. Root beer float and fried chicken sandwich combo, wish I'd had it on a bagel because those bagels were amazing! (Got a couple to take away).

On the negative side I don't think they have enough ventilation in there. It's quite a decadent menu and obviously requires fats and oils but you can smell them in the air and it's slightly unpleasant. If it was the smell of that fried chicken or 'moose ears' it'd be a different story.

Bagels, homemade chips and a root beer float are an absolute must!

I may need a nose clamp next time but I'll be back in the near future non the less!

• Visited March 2014

“Incredible food”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

What a find, this place has some of the best food you will ever eat. The chips are made there and are the best chips I have had, we also had the eggs benedict which again was some of the best I have ever had, there are so many incredible food options you will not know what to order and it is all so good.

All of our friends absolutely loved their meals also. The pricing, location and atmosphere is great and our kids loved sitting in the airplane chairs they had there, what a great idea. All round this is a must visit place for us, we will be back there for sure next visit to Auckland.

Whangarei, New Zealand
“Something a Bit Different”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Loving American food and culture I was so excited to find Al's Deli!

Prices for food are great, bagels and sandwiches are cheap (although quite small, definitely get a side of their home-made fries, which are generously portioned and delicious!). Staff are friendly and onto it. Wait times for food were quite long though!

Drinks are very pricey, but their milkshakes were home-made and really tasty.

The decor is cute, retro and going along with an American diner theme, very nice!

I would come here again, it would be a great place to have a group of friends for lunch!

Hamilton, New Zealand
“Yum!”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Went in here on a Sunday morning just after they had opened and they were just finishing making the Cronuts! My partner and I went there for breakfast, after deciding to give it a try after walking past the night before and just seeing "bagels" written on the window. What a good idea!
He had the eggs and brisket with an onion bagel and I had the avocado smash on sesame bagel with a side of bacon. Couldn't resist a root beer float and very well made coffee to go with it all.
So many flavours! Huge servings and so tasty!
The staff are super nice as well and I've never been to Canada but man, they eat well from what I can tell!
We got fresh cronuts to take away with us as we were so full from breakfast, best mid morning snack I think I've had.

Holt, Michigan
“Yummy handmade bagels.”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

It was worth the walk (uphill) to eat the bagels at Al's. We were sick of eggs, so we were so pleased to find chewy, tasty bagels. (They also had very tempting donuts available, but we resisted!) I wish we had been in Auckland longer so that we could have gone back for more breakfasts and for lunch.