Apollo Hotel Auckland
Parnell Pines Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$70
Tudor Court Motor Lodge(Auckland Central)
US$92
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$178
US$170
  • Pool
VR Auckland City(Auckland Central)
US$100
US$112
US$108
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Stamford Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
US$190
US$161
  • Restaurant
Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$90
US$77
Agoda.com
US$172
US$140
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Kiwi International Hotel(Auckland Central)
US$54
US$52
  • Restaurant
All reviewsharbour bridgesky towerserviced apartmentlaundry facilitiesfull kitchencar parkcity centrewould stay againwasher
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Being on Nelson St it was always going to be noisy. But great value with all conveniences except AC. Handy for Sky City, Victoria Market and top end of town, though not too far for the Viaduct and Britomart area. It also had views over the harbour and bridge.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YvonnePapamoa
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Qualmark does the organization no favors associating with this sub standard accommodation. These serviced apartments are located between two busy one-way streets. There is no air conditioning to muffle the noise of sirens and the K Road nightlife. The room on the 2nd floor appeared to have original decor complete with a reluctantly flushing toilet and peeling paint. This accommodation is for budget-conscious long-term occupants needing a kitchen and washing machine. I would have preferred to drive four hours home to a decent mattress if not so tired!

A Manager is only on duty until 7.00pm so if you check-in after that you will be kept waiting on the front steps until the door is unlocked and check-in proceeds. So for 10-20 minutes, your car is straddled across the footpath in front of the car-park entrance.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Beside the fact we got a wotif deal, Quest on Nelson is still good value for the price. We stayed on the top floor (2 couples, 2 rooms), and had a view of the harbour bridge, Ponsonby and had a really good view of the sky tower. Although we went out on New Years eve we had little noise disturbance for the remainder of our stay. For those who are not familiar with Auckland, Quest on Nelson is in a fairly central location and less than a 15 minute walk to the waterfront, skycity, k road and queen street.

Overall we were impressed and got what we expected. The room was clean and everything was in good order, would definitely return.

Room Tip: Judging by the other reviews some people experienced some noise disturbance as Quest is on a main road. We chose the top level and weren't fussed at all by traffic noise plus had a decent view so it may be worth paying a bit more for that. We were also facing north so we had the skytower right out our front slider which is quite a nice view at night.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PostmanPatton
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I stayed here 30th of December till 2nd of January 2013, 4 nights and find it superbly magnificent. I stayed in Room 1C, given the room I stayed is a bit noisy because it’s close to the main road (very understandable, nothing the management can do). I believe this is something every hotel deals with and it’s always out of their hands unless they reconstruct the whole building and place some acoustic insulation.

Anyway, for those people who want peace and quiet, I recommend you stay in the suburbs rather than in town. Town will always be noisy whether you like it or not. Sorry, it just makes me mad when people complain about rooms because they hear the road noise; they’re not really giving a just review.

The hotel’s accommodation rate is value for money and don’t mention the apartment is full of amenities, including cooking and laundry facilities. You cannot find an apartment this cheap and get all these stuff. Oh and before I forget, you have your own direct line (no need for your callers to go thru the front desk) and you own your own mailbox.

Another thing to remember is to clean all the utensils before you use them, It’s clean but I just don’t trust the last previous stayers if they’ve washed it or if the housekeepers cleaned it (better be sure than never)

Now the building is not that close to Queen Street, It’s still a 10-minute walk to the Sky tower and 15-20 minutes walk to the Queen Street where the party central is and it’s a 15 minutes walk to Countdown but there is a dairy near Hobson Street (a bit pricey though) but if you go lazy it’s the place to be.

The receptionist is far way too helpful (excellent customer service).

To cut things short, I feel like its home far away from home.

I highly recommend this place to everyone who wants a very affordable place to stay.

Room Tip: If you want a bigger room with bigger space get room 1C. The downside, you wont have a nice view nor have a quieter room (the noise is only heard in the lounge but if your in the room just close the doors and its all sorted).
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Christian H
Reviewed 1 January 2013

On arrival around 10.30am our room had yet to be cleaned. However, I was able to view the room and opted to pay more to go higher to avoid traffic noise and to get a harbour view. On arrival later in the day around 6pm I found that we had substituted traffic noise from the lower level for other sounds from the roof tops of other buildings. The harbour view was minimal and there was no air conditioning. The agreed extra single bed was not in the apartment which is very large. The toilet was very difficult to flush and needed a very heavy hand to get it to flush. The drier did not give out any heat just cold air. The wooden slats for blinds kept minimal light out and the blinds in the bathroom were all bent. the queen bed was very hard and uncomfortable to sleep on. On booking i was told a single bed would be placed in the room for my adult son to sleep on. It was not in the room on arrival and when asked for, a rollerway, fold up camping bed was brought in. I said this was not a single bed but was told this was what I was getting. I said it may be suitable for a young child but not for a 6 foot talll adult. I said it was not what was agreed on when booking. It had a castor wheel missing and the frame was bent and not suitable to sleep on. I indicated we had little time as we were due to leave the apartment for an appointment and would be leaving early in the morning before reception opened at 9am. When i was having a shower the manager arrived who said to my son we could pay substantially more to upgrade to a room with two beds or could have a cash refund. We were staying one night and had no time to organise other accomodation. Staff were polite initilally but were unable to provide what had been agreed upon.
On returning home, two days later, I have tried to get some form of compensation for not providing the extra single bed but without any luck. In fact the owner and manager told me to ring back as the phone call was costing him money and also refused to give me his name when asked for on several ocassions. I would not recommend this as a place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms are big and a couple could be happy to stay long term so long as you can put up with poor service, hard bed, facilities and appliances that don't work and city noise. Not safe for children as windows on our third floor could be fully opened.,
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family